ADVERTISEMENT

Christians: why would you oppose this guy?

Originally posted by riflearm2:
Serious question: why would you oppose a lot of what this guy wants as Christians? Why are you willing to risk another sodom or gomorrah instead of doing whatever you can to save the righteous and scare the sinners straight?
Because if we got rid of the gay people you probably would have nothing to post about. We would miss you.

Well, from a purely scientific standpoint, going by the US National Library of Medicine & National Institutes of Health, this would lower the rates of gonorrhea, early syphilis & anal warts. Maybe you're on to something, rifle.

Not worth replying to, but that's never stopped me before. It's a Christian's responsibility to share God's word, to witness, to show compassion, to condemn the sin, not the sinner. We are not the judge. This guy is to Christianity what the random terrorist is to Islam, unless of course you consider all Muslims to be terrorist and all Christians to be like this guy.

Do you support capital punishment, banker? If so, why and for what offenses?

Riflearm2.......

I am not positive.....but didn't you say at one time that you did not believe in The Bible?

If you do not believe then why would you reference "Sodom or Gomorrah"?

If you do believe in The Bible and read it & ask God for understanding it would be revealed to you and you would understand that it was God who destroyed those two cities (not man).

God is "The" Righteous judge and mankind is not.

Originally posted by Always The Herd:
Riflearm2.......

I am not positive.....but didn't you say at one time that you did not believe in The Bible?

If you do not believe then why would you reference "Sodom or Gomorrah"?

If you do believe in The Bible and read it & ask God for understanding it would be revealed to you and you would understand that it was God who destroyed those two cities (not man).

God is "The" Righteous judge and mankind is not.
the-rabbit-trap.jpg

No, I don't really support capital punishment, but we are bound by the law of the land.

Originally posted by banker6796:
No, I don't really support capital punishment,
How very unchristian of you.

do you make it a habit to pick-and-choose which parts of the bible you want to follow?

You mind quoting the scripture I should follow concerning capital punishment?

Nah, not going to take that way out. I know that God set forth instances in the Bible where capital punishment was appropriate, but that doesn't mean I have to support it, just understand it. As I said, I am also bound by the law and authority of government. I don't take satisfaction in the carrying out of capital punishment, but neither will I petition for it's elimination.

Nah, not going to take that way out. I know that God set forth instances in the Bible where capital punishment was appropriate, but that doesn't mean I have to support it, just understand it. As I said, I am also bound by the law and authority of government. I don't take satisfaction in the carrying out of capital punishment, but neither will I petition for it's elimination.
Well, you can't keep sitting on the fence. You're either with your god or against him. he made it clear that capital punishment was something you should support and gave governments that authority.

so, are you in or are you out? After you decide, we can continue discussing if you do or do not support the guy's ideas in the original post.

I'm more in line with the compassion of Jesus shown in the New Testement and the many examples shown there of the abuse of man's use of capital punishment. With that said, I will not set aside the Old Testement and the direct instruction of God.

You have to remember that I have a view of the NT as a reestablished view of Christianity and God's law. The arrival of Jesus to die for our sins changed the game from the OT.

I'm more in line with the compassion of Jesus shown in the New Testement and the many examples shown there of the abuse of man's use of capital punishment. With that said, I will not set aside the Old Testement and the direct instruction of God.

You have to remember that I have a view of the NT as a reestablished view of Christianity and God's law. The arrival of Jesus to die for our sins changed the game from the OT.
the new testament gives authority to governments to use capital punishment. so, are you going against his law or do you support capital punishment?

this isnt a good start by you, banker.

I don't support capital punishment, but I accept it. I hope that's more clear.

I don't support capital punishment, but I accept it. I hope that's more clear.
Eh, it's the same as what you said before. You are a pick-and-choose christian who only supports what is comfortable in your life instead of following all of your god's words.

Well Rifle, this one sure backfired. You were really going to show us how hypocritical we were for not wanting to kill those gays. Except for the fact that you have absolutely no understanding of the Bible despite the fact we have explained the old testament laws to you a thousand times.

For someone that doesn't believe in God, you sure do hate him.

Originally posted by Penn2moss:
Well Rifle, this one sure backfired. You were really going to show us how hypocritical we were for not wanting to kill those gays. Except for the fact that you have absolutely no understanding of the Bible despite the fact we have explained the old testament laws to you a thousand times.
What kind of bizarro world do you live in? I'm the hypocritical one here? Nothing backfired because your kind was screwed either way. Banker chose the way that shows him to be a pick-and-choose christian by ignoring the word of his god.

What does the OT have to do with this? There are multiple mentions of allowing capital punishment in the NT. It is you who needs some bible study. If you knew that, there would have been no reason to bring up the OT. You haven't explained shit to me. Teaching point: the NT supports capital punishment.

According to Rifle, if something took place in the Bible it is obviously supported by God.

We all know God supports divorce since Moses allowed it...

Originally posted by Penn2moss:
According to Rifle, if something took place in the Bible it is obviously supported by God.

We all know God supports divorce since Moses allowed it...
Back to making shit up, penn? Give some examples. You can't. So, go back to shutting up before you continue to look dumb.

Romans 12-13 shows your god's views on capital punishment in the new testament. It is very clear.

Does God support capital punishment in the New Testament just like the Old? Yes, of course. (Rom 13). He is the same God yesterday, today, and forever. The current attempts to Marcionize (Google: Marcion) the Old Testament and make a canon within the canon are frankly embarrassing and are a sign of the general Biblical illiteracy in the church today.

That being said let me make something clear.

I believe in capital punishment. I do not support the U.S. Government's use of capital punishment.

Those two statements are neither hypocritical nor contradictory.

At no point in the New Testament does it support capital punishment.
Yes, same God. But now.....
there is a new covenant with mankind.
Under the old law, a woman caught in the act of adultery was commanded by God to be stoned to death.
How then was Jesus able to refuse to keep that commandment?
Because a new way was being made for us.
That new way is Jesus.
He fulfilled the old law, because he was the only one that could.
The need for the old covenant is removed.

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Galatians 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Originally posted by extragreen:
At no point in the New Testament does it support capital punishment.
Oh, really? So keep and I, who have extremely opposing views on christianity, are both wrong about that? Then, please, whacko, explain what Romans 12-13 discusses.

Originally posted by wvkeeper(HN):
I believe in capital punishment. I do not support the U.S. Government's use of capital punishment.
Is that due to the systematic injustices of it in the U.S.? If not, please explain.

You're both wrong.
I'm not certain that Romans 13 is talking about a secular government. It's very difficult for me to see a secular government as being a "minister of God to thee for good." And I'm fairly certain that the Christian right don't believe that our government is a "minister of God to thee for good."

Is that due to the systematic injustices of it in the U.S.? If not, please explain.
Pretty much. I believe the U.S. court system is an unjust tangled weave of insanity.

And as far as Romans 13

"For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

There is only one thing "bear the sword" can refer to in context of the passage.

Let's talk about the true revelation of this thread and that is the return of extra!!!!

And I'm fairly certain that the Christian right don't believe that our government is a "minister of God to thee for good."
The use of the death penalty is decided at the state level. So, what does Romans 13 refer to since keep and I are supposedly both wrong?

There is only one thing "bear the sword" can refer to in context of the passage.
Agreed.

So, excluding the problems with the death penalty in the country, why would you disagree with this guy's plan?

I am all for the plan, every bit it off it. In addition, if I were not American I would chose to be Jewish, God's chosen people.

And I'm fairly certain that the Christian right don't believe that our government is a "minister of God to thee for good."
The use of the death penalty is decided at the state level. So, what does Romans 13 refer to since keep and I are supposedly both wrong?
If it's decided at the state level, then it's not decided by God, right? Or are you agreeing that God has ordained particular government officials at the state level to "bear the sword" and are His "minister of God to thee for good?"

Originally posted by i am herdman:

I am all for the plan, every bit it off it. In addition, if I were not American I would chose to be Jewish, God's chosen people.
Here's some news.....the Jews are not God's chosen people. They used to be, under the old law, but no more.

Everyone knows the "new" chosen are Scientologists...................Beam us up...................
alien.r191677.gif

If it's decided at the state level, then it's not decided by God, right? Or are you agreeing that God has ordained particular government officials at the state level to "bear the sword" and are His "minister of God to thee for good?"
You really don't know one of your religious texts, do you? I understand. It must be tough to follow and believe in two contrasting religions.

Every government has been granted the power to rule its people by your god. Your god is the ultimate authority. He has then delegates that power over men to certain delegates, if you will. It's all his master plan. Obeying those delegates is submitting to your god.

You really need to read Paul. And I already know your next hypothetical question, but I'll wait for you to ask it.

Im answering your questions (and have provided scripture to support it). Why are you hiding from my question? What does Romans 13 mean since you claim keep and I are wrong?

You really don't know one of your religious texts, do you? I understand. It must be tough to follow and believe in two contrasting religions.

Every government has been granted the power to rule its people by your god. Your god is the ultimate authority. He has then delegates that power over men to certain delegates, if you will. It's all his master plan. Obeying those delegates is submitting to your god.

You really need to read Paul. And I already know your next hypothetical question, but I'll wait for you to ask it.

Im answering your questions (and have provided scripture to support it). Why are you hiding from my question? What does Romans 13 mean since you claim keep and I are wrong?
As I said before..."I'm not certain that Romans 13 is talking about a secular government." Nevertheless, there is nothing in that chapter proving God supports capital punishment. Capital punishment occurred in Biblical times, so did government officials lying, taking bribes, and any other corruption you'd like to mention. Doesn't mean God approved of it. So, what's my next hypothetical question?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT