ADVERTISEMENT

Dick's Drive-In to increase minimum wage to $19 per hour

I don’t understand the purpose of this thread

The $19/hr wage plus health insurance plus child care benefits plus $28,000 tuition assistance absolutely blows up the conservative talking point that raising the minimum wage will create $13 Happy Meals, you know since their menu items cost about the same as McDonalds in podunk, WV.
Opponents of govt sponsored minimum wage has said let the market decide.
This is exactly what’s going on with zero govt help.

That's absolute nonsense. It had absolutely nothing to do with the "free market". This situation was created by a pandemic forced labor shortage and that labor shortage was assisted by government paid unemployment checks and an understandable fear of getting sick and/or dying from it. In addition to that a large number of women still can't find affordable child care that would allow them to return to the work force. It's about as far as you can get from a "free market" occurrence.

The $19/hr wage plus health insurance plus child care benefits plus $28,000 tuition assistance absolutely blows up the conservative talking point that raising the minimum wage will create $13 Happy Meals, you know since their menu items cost about the same as McDonalds in podunk, WV.

That's absolute nonsense. It had absolutely nothing to do with the "free market". This situation was created by a pandemic forced labor shortage and that labor shortage was assisted by government paid unemployment checks and an understandable fear of getting sick and/or dying from it. In addition to that a large number of women still can't find affordable child care that would allow them to return to the work force. It's about as far as you can get from a "free market" occurrence.
It does nothing to blow anything up. Thst one place with 4 locations in Washington is inconsequential in the overall scheme of things. He is not even a gnat on the market place. They are a spec of dust.

hayseed greed thinks this small company in Seattle Washington is the example of how it should be for all companies regardless of size and type of operation. He can't figure out McDonald's is about low cost quick service fast food and not necessarily about quality or even good service. He thinks this guy who has a few hamburger stands is the same as WalMart or Amazon which are an entirely different business.

The odd thing is greed demands other businesses do this and the govt mandated but he paid low to mediocre wages and had zero benefits for the 2 or 3 people he had working for him. He even took away their guaranteed hourly wage away one time.
You're an idiot and liar. Not to mention you're an oath breaker that supports an insurrection against the United States government in an attempt to overturn a free and fair election.

You're an idiot and liar. Not to mention you're an oath breaker that supports an insurrection against the United States government in an attempt to overturn a free and fair election.
how do you even know what kind of profit margins that place is running? you don't.

now, tell us why you didn't do those things?

1)You could not afford to do so
2)You chose not to do so
3)Both of the above
4)you are a hypocrite
5)All the above

Reactions: ThunderCat98
You're so stupid it's painful. In this thread you're arguing that the more locations a company has the less they can pay.
And you’re so stupid you don’t understand that Chick Fil A doesn’t pay any restaurant workers. The stores are individually franchised, which means that each store is an independent small business.

And you’re so stupid you don’t understand that Chick Fil A doesn’t pay any restaurant workers. The stores are individually franchised, which means that each store is an independent small business.
he has no clue. he lives in a small bubble. he thinks a small local restaurant business in seattle represents the entire US economy. He was even trying to compare it a retail giant, WalMart, and the giant on-line retailer, Amazon.

It makes no damn sense.

how do you even know what kind of profit margins that place is running? you don't.

now, tell us why you didn't do those things?

1)You could not afford to do so
2)You chose not to do so
3)Both of the above
4)you are a hypocrite
5)All the above
^^^^irrelevant, moron. Tell us why your business failed....

You're too stupid to understand that's irrelevant.

he has no clue. he lives in a small bubble. he thinks a small local restaurant business in seattle represents the entire US economy. He was even trying to compare it a retail giant, WalMart, and the giant on-line retailer, Amazon.

It makes no damn sense.
Once again, idiot, you post irrelevance.

It did. Liar.

Yes I do. You should try it before you die.
you have no clue, your business failed then, moron

your simple thinking thinks that this guy is representative of global corporations. doesn't make one bit of sense.

you have no clue, your business failed then, moron

your simple thinking thinks that this guy is representative of global corporations. doesn't make one bit of sense.
No no no. You're the simpleton who actually believes that it's in the best interest of the country to pay lots of people less than what is required to make a living.

No no no. You're the simpleton who actually believes that it's in the best interest of the country to pay lots of people less than what is required to make a living.
The country doesn't pay them businesses do. I am all for good wages if deserved and it warrants it. Most good companies pay people good in order to keep them and motivate them. I don't think it is the govts job to mandate inflated wages for low skilled labor and for entry level jobs.

Reactions: alphasig1053
I am all for good wages if deserved and it warrants it.
But only for the rich who you feel deserve it and warrant it.
Most good companies pay people good in order to keep them and motivate them.
That's evidently the problem, there must not be many good companies. 39 million people made less than $15/hr in 2019. If you're making 15/hr, you can afford to pay rent for a 2 bedroom apartment in only 4 states.
I don't think it is the govts job to mandate inflated wages for low skilled labor and for entry level jobs.
You just made yourself out to be a liar as usual. You just told us "I am for good wages". You're a liar.

But only for the rich who you feel deserve it and warrant it.

That's evidently the problem, there must not be many good companies. 39 million people made less than $15/hr in 2019. If you're making 15/hr, you can afford to pay rent for a 2 bedroom apartment in only 4 states.

You just made yourself out to be a liar as usual. You just told us "I am for good wages". You're a liar.
If deserved and warranted as I wrote

You're too stupid to understand that's irrelevant.
You’re the one who said why can’t a big chain do it if this little guy can. You’re the one that doesn’t grasp the franchise concept, apparently.

You also don’t seem to understand macro versus micro impact. If you stop driving a gas powered car, and you are the only one, does that mean you have saved the environment? One small company creates no impact on macro economic trends. It creates no ripple effect. It’s like the credit card processing company that went to the $70,000 minimum salary a few years ago. They are doing fine, but that doesn’t mean that every company can pay a $70,000 minimum salary. One small company does not impact supply and demand principles.

You’re the one who said why can’t a big chain do it if this little guy can.
And it's a legitimate question. I've already proven that McDonalds can pay all their employees a $15/hr minimum wage by raising their prices by less than 9%. If I had been paying my employees minimum wage and increased it to $15 I would have had to increase my prices about 7%. Are burger king, chick fil a, and the rest living in an alternate universe. By law they are to pay a minimum wage and are doing so. They can do the same thing if the floor is at $15 as they can if the floor is at $7.35.
You’re the one that doesn’t grasp the franchise concept, apparently.
No, it's just that it's irrelevant.
You also don’t seem to understand macro versus micro impact. If you stop driving a gas powered car, and you are the only one, does that mean you have saved the environment
Irrelevant.
They are doing fine, but that doesn’t mean that every company can pay a $70,000 minimum salary
Irrelevant.

If everyone makes more, then everything costs more, then it costs more to make a living, then you have to pay everyone more, then everything costs more, and so on and so on.

There are some economic realities. The average home price in the US is almost always between 3.5 and 4.0 times annual average household income. The average new car price is almost always between .4 to .6 times annual average household income. You can look at most items and find a similar correlation and this has been true for decades.

What this means is that income changes, but purchasing power remains consistent. So if you pay everyone making $8/hr $15 instead, it will eventually get back to where they can’t buy any more than they could when they were making $8. That’s because an increase in the bottom range of the wage spectrum pushes wages up throughout the spectrum and leads to increased cost of production.

Oh, and when you are looking at what McD would have to increase their prices by you are just looking at the increased labor costs. If minimum wage increased to $15 an hour their wholesale food costs, energy costs, administrative costs, equipment costs, building costs, etc. would all also increase. So the prices would have to increase much more than you stated.

What this means is that income changes, but purchasing power remains consistent.
You're an idiot.
So if you pay everyone making $8/hr $15 instead, it will eventually get back to where they can’t buy any more than they could when they were making $8. That’s because an increase in the bottom range of the wage spectrum pushes wages up throughout the spectrum and leads to increased cost of production.
Eventually. Yes. That's why the minimum wage should be tied to inflation.
Oh, and when you are looking at what McD would have to increase their prices by you are just looking at the increased labor costs. If minimum wage increased to $15 an hour their wholesale food costs, energy costs, administrative costs, equipment costs, building costs, etc. would all also increase. So the prices would have to increase much more than you stated.
There are some idiots on this board who will believe your fiction. So let's hear what you have to say to them when they learn that between 1974 and 1980 the minimum wage was increased by 55% and a hamburger only went up 33%.

Then between 2006 and 2010 the minimum wage increased 40% and the price of a hamburger stayed exactly the same. Explain that to the idiots.

Now, explain to the minions why there has been a 0% minimum wage increase since 2009 and yet a micky d hamburger has gone up 33%.

You're an idiot.

Eventually. Yes. That's why the minimum wage should be tied to inflation.

There are some idiots on this board who will believe your fiction. So let's hear what you have to say to them when they learn that between 1974 and 1980 the minimum wage was increased by 55% and a hamburger only went up 33%.

Then between 2006 and 2010 the minimum wage increased 40% and the price of a hamburger stayed exactly the same. Explain that to the idiots.

Now, explain to the minions why there has been a 0% minimum wage increase since 2009 and yet a micky d hamburger has gone up 33%.
Do you not think McDonald's has other costs. Helloooo

Why did you pay 16 an hour and 25?

Do you not think McDonald's has other costs. Helloooo

Why did you pay 16 an hour and 25?
Read my previous post 30-40 more times or until it sinks in, if it ever does. As of right now it most certainly went soaring way above your head.

Read my previous post 30-40 more times or until it sinks in, if it ever does. As of right now it most certainly went soaring way above your head.
that's what i thought...no answers.

you paid that because that was your limit for what you thought they were worth.

There you go again. Idiot. Asking me why I didn't pay more while defending the likes of Amazon, Walmart, McDonalds, and chick fil a. See how stupid you are? No, you never will.
i am not defending them. I am asking you why you didn't pay more.

Reactions: Jartard
i am not defending them. I am asking you why you didn't pay more.
You're a liar.

Why are you not asking why Walmart, Target, Amazon, etc are not paying better wages? Your only response to that so far is a stupid "they have a different business model."

Dear oathbreaker,

We netted 13.7 BILLION last year after paying stockholders BILLIONS. How can you expect us to pay better wages?

_______sincerely, Walmart
don't do business with them if you don't like them

you still won't answer why you didn't pay more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT