ADVERTISEMENT

Dick's Drive-In to increase minimum wage to $19 per hour

You're an idiot.

Eventually. Yes. That's why the minimum wage should be tied to inflation.

There are some idiots on this board who will believe your fiction. So let's hear what you have to say to them when they learn that between 1974 and 1980 the minimum wage was increased by 55% and a hamburger only went up 33%.

Then between 2006 and 2010 the minimum wage increased 40% and the price of a hamburger stayed exactly the same. Explain that to the idiots.

Now, explain to the minions why there has been a 0% minimum wage increase since 2009 and yet a micky d hamburger has gone up 33%.
You answered your own question in your last paragraph. Wages are only one component of cost and the minimum wage is only one component in the sub component of wages.

We haven’t had a mandated minimum wage increase in a long time, but that doesn’t mean that the effective minimum wage hasn’t increased. Even in little Huntington WV all the restaurants pay more than the mandatory minimum wage. Wages have gone up without fed requirements because that’s how a free market works when people have to compete for human capital.

The price of a burger includes more than just labor costs so trying to draw a direct correlation is meaningless. Say McD was paying $8 an hour, the slaughterhouse was paying $10 and the delivery driver bringing you lettuce was making $14. Raising the minimum wage to $10 raises your direct labor cost, but doesn’t necessarily raise your meat or lettuce cost. If you raise the minimum to $15 it will necessarily raise the cost of all three.

so in the above, depending on the amount of the increase, the rise in wages would be a higher percent than the rise in price of the finished good because you only impacted one component of the cost. However, if the increase is great enough you impact the cost of all areas of production.

the other costs of production outside of wages is why the price of a burger has increased even though wages, as required by the government, have not (even though they have increased anyway).

Why do we even need wages?

I want equal everything for everybody now. Time to rip off this bullshit band aid and just let's have our communism outright.

See how it works out or doesn't work out. I kind of think I could hack it, and here's why. We would all be stuck with the same shitty everything. The whole rest of our lives would be spent bitching and hating our lives.

Oh wait, we've already got that too. Holy shit, I told you.

How about some actual stats on minimum wage workers.

According to the bls 247000 of the 73.3 million hourly wage workers earned minimum wage. 0.33% of hourly workers make minimum wage. If you include those restaurant workers who work for less than min wage but also get tips, 845000, then the percentage increases to 1.5 of all hourly wage workers. 48% of workers that make money wage or less are under the age of 25. 4% of hourly wage workers that only work part time get paid min wage.
Just for reference there are 128 million workers in the US
BLS Min wage report

Last edited:
Nope, that'd be you. Mine is still in operation for the 32 consecutive year.

And Walmart, and McDonalds, and Amazon. Idiot.
So I make more than I would than owning my own business. So, I took a better deal. I don't need to say I own my business. Moron.

You didn't pay more because you didn't want to and you didn't think they were worth it. Same as other businesses do. At least be honest with yourself.

How about some actual stats on minimum wage workers.

According to the bls 247000 of the 73.3 million hourly wage workers earned minimum wage. 0.33% of hourly workers make minimum wage. If you include those restaurant workers who work for less than min wage but also get tips, 845000, then the percentage increases to 1.5 of all hourly wage workers. 48% of workers that make money wage or less are under the age of 25. 4% of hourly wage workers that only work part time get paid min wage.
Just for reference there are 128 million workers in the US
BLS Min wage report
It is just a class warfare lib talking point. That's all it is.

You answered your own question in your last paragraph. Wages are only one component of cost and the minimum wage is only one component in the sub component of wages.
No. The correct answer is that the 33% increase in the cost of the hamburger from 2009 to present had zero to do with increased minimum wage.
We haven’t had a mandated minimum wage increase in a long time, but that doesn’t mean that the effective minimum wage hasn’t increased.
No. We are not talking about the effective minimum wage. We are talking about minimum wage increases.
Wages have gone up without fed requirements because that’s how a free market works when people have to compete for human capital.
No, the free market is not working for those lower on the pay scale. If it was, real hourly wages would not be lower now than in the 70's.

And the rest of your post is irrelevant.

So I make more than I would than owning my own business.
$1 is greater than $0. So yes.
I don't need to say I own my business. Moron.
You CAN'T say you own a business unless you lie. oath breaker.
You didn't pay more because you didn't want to and you didn't think they were worth it.
You're an idiot.
At least be honest with yourself.
^^^^Says the biggest liar on the board.

$1 is greater than $0. So yes.

You CAN'T say you own a business unless you lie. oath breaker.

You're an idiot.

^^^^Says the biggest liar on the board.
I don't want to own my own business. I likely made more owning my own business than you did and then someone paid me more to work for them, far more. So, who was smart? That's me.

You can't even admit why you paid your guys what you did. Because that punches a big hole in your illogical argument. You paid them what you thought they were worth. Hell, you even changed their pay plan one time. Is that how you got the name "Greed"? Yes, I believe it is.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
I don't want to own my own business. I likely made more owning my own business than you did and then someone paid me more to work for them, far more. So, who was smart? That's me.
Your business failed. Face it and admit it.
You can't even admit why you paid your guys what you did. Because that punches a big hole in your illogical argument. You paid them what you thought they were worth.
You're an idiot. It doesn't even approach my argument for a higher minimum wage. I've already shown that McDonalds could pay a $15 minimum wage by increasing the cost of a $4 burger by 9% to $4.36 and that if my staff had been making minimum wage and I raised it to $15 I would have had to raise my prices by 7%. The problem, idiot, is that it's difficult for McDonalds to raise their wages without a higher mandated minimum since Burger King could continue to keep their wages lower and the playing field would be uneven.
Hell, you even changed their pay plan one time. Is that how you got the name "Greed"? Yes, I believe it is.
That's correct. You idiots started calling me greed when I told you I changed the pay plan and my staff made considerably more money. That's how stupid you conservatives really are.

Your business failed. Face it and admit it.

You're an idiot. It doesn't even approach my argument for a higher minimum wage. I've already shown that McDonalds could pay a $15 minimum wage by increasing the cost of a $4 burger by 9% to $4.36 and that if my staff had been making minimum wage and I raised it to $15 I would have had to raise my prices by 7%. The problem, idiot, is that it's difficult for McDonalds to raise their wages without a higher mandated minimum since Burger King could continue to keep their wages lower and the playing field would be uneven.

That's correct. You idiots started calling me greed when I told you I changed the pay plan and my staff made considerably more money. That's how stupid you conservatives really are.
We called you greed because you would get on here and talk about union wages and higher wages and benefits and then you did that. hahaha, what a hypocrite.

How did my business fail when I went to work for someone else making more money? Now tell me how that failed when I could have continued to do it? Really? Are you dense? I came out smelling like a rose.

And you don't think they are all going to pass that cost on? you sound like that idiot press secretary and democrats who say business won't pass on higher tax rates to the consumer.

The price of a burger includes more than just labor costs so trying to draw a direct correlation is meaningless. Say McD was paying $8 an hour, the slaughterhouse was paying $10 and the delivery driver bringing you lettuce was making $14. Raising the minimum wage to $10 raises your direct labor cost, but doesn’t necessarily raise your meat or lettuce cost. If you raise the minimum to $15 it will necessarily raise the cost of all three.
Do you expect Greed to actually understand this? He's an idiot.

We called you greed because you would get on here and talk about union wages and higher wages and benefits and then you did that. hahaha, what a hypocrite.
No, you idiot. An example of hypocrisy is telling us you make a huge amount of money but won't agree to paying 36 cents more for a burger so a person can make a living wage.
How did my business fail when I went to work for someone else making more money? Now tell me how that failed when I could have continued to do it? Really? Are you dense? I came out smelling like a rose.
Your business simply failed. None of your excuses change that.
And you don't think they are all going to pass that cost on? you sound like that idiot press secretary and democrats who say business won't pass on higher tax rates to the consumer.
You ignorant nit wit, not one time have I said none of the cost of a minimum wage increase would be passed on to consumers. But the increase would be so minimal that if you weren't aware of it being passed, you wouldn't notice it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT