ADVERTISEMENT

I don’t believe babies and I can coexist

greengeezer

Platinum Buffalo
Dec 25, 2007
I eat the majority of my meals at restaurants. It is not that I hate to cook, I don’t like the house smelling like burned food, and I hate cleaning up the mess.

While having breakfast recently, I was seated next to a younger lady who was accompanied by an older lady. Not sure what their relationship was and don’t care, but they had a baby with them who was barely old enough to sit in a high chair.

From the time they were seated until the time I left, the kid cried and bawled. He/she threw food. My table was close enough that I was almost taken out by flying egg yolks. My meal was basically ruined. No peace and quiet with my morning thoughts.

I know that some of you have kids. Do you take them to restaurants? How do you handle kids who can’t be calmed?

I eat the majority of my meals at restaurants. It is not that I hate to cook, I don’t like the house smelling like burned food, and I hate cleaning up the mess.

While having breakfast recently, I was seated next to a younger lady who was accompanied by an older lady. Not sure what their relationship was and don’t care, but they had a baby with them who was barely old enough to sit in a high chair.

From the time they were seated until the time I left, the kid cried and bawled. He/she threw food. My table was close enough that I was almost taken out by flying egg yolks. My meal was basically ruined. No peace and quiet with my morning thoughts.

I know that some of you have kids. Do you take them to restaurants? How do you handle kids who can’t be calmed?
Eating at restaurants was somewhat limited for us until the kids were old enough to distract them with tic tac toe or that golf tree game at Cracker Barrel for that reason. I didn’t want to disrupt someone’s Sunday meal cause my kids were throwing a tantrum

Reactions: greengeezer
I've never understood kid's being a terror to the point that you can never take them out. I've got a cousin who says the same thing. Of course, they set no expectations at home, and the kid runs the house. His house is a chaotic mess. When you see him, it looks like he's been run over...which, I guess he has. I think early on they subscribed to the theory that you cant tell your child "no" because it damages them. Paying for it now.

I don't let him drink more than two beers.

Oh wait, he is 25.

But, early on you have to bust their ass for that stuff. If not, they learn they can control you. Learned behavior. If they start it you take them out. I guess barely old enough to sit in a high chair is pretty young. but, you have to stop that shit early on. If not, they learn it and will learn it as a control method to get their way.

Reactions: ThunderCat98

Oh wait, he is 25.

But, early on you have to bust their ass for that stuff. If not, they learn they can control you. Learned behavior. If they start it you take them out. I guess barely old enough to sit in a high chair is pretty young. but, you have to stop that shit early on. If not, they learn it and will learn it as a control method to get their way.
Back when Marshall was in the Southern Conference, I attended the tournament in Roanoke with a good college friend and his wife. At that time, they had two young boys. One just a babe and the other a few years older.

We all went out to eat after the game and the oldest boy was being a terror. He didn’t like the food, he cried, he threw a fork.

His father quietly got out of his chair, took the boy by the hand, and left the restaurant. A few minutes later they were back and the kid was perfect for the rest of the evening.

Later I asked my friend what he did to change the behavior of his son. “Attitude adjustment,” he replied.

Reactions: marshallisqbu

Oh wait, he is 25.

You spank your child in public these days and child services comes calling

That is why they turn out to be the way they are now and why we are in bad shape as a country.
In full agreement. But I also wanted to keep my kids so we just rarely ate out unless it was a kid friendly place with a play area like chick fila or Burger King etc. I rarely see play areas at McDs these days. Sad

Reactions: i am herdman
In full agreement. But I also wanted to keep my kids so we just rarely ate out unless it was a kid friendly place with a play area like chick fila or Burger King etc. I rarely see play areas at McDs these days. Sad
That is the best thing to do. Just take the kids to a place where they can be a kid and be loud and do kids things.

Reactions: GeauxHerd

Oh wait, he is 25.

This ^^^ is correct.

My kids rarely, and I mean rarely, behaved poorly in public. When they were babies and it happened, one of us would take them outside. When they got older, we spanked them and they were punished.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT