ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Been a Few Years

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
I need to adjust the intelligence rankings of posters on this board. If you’re a Christian and believe the fairy tales in the Bible, show your support here:

@big_country90 @Rock98Dog @KyMUfan @extragreen

Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

You bought a 34k herringbone gold chain that Jermaine would laugh at and you are going to laugh at a bunch of us.

What's the cost of living as a Christian? I'm not talking about the small percentage of believers like Greed, who continuously make up their own version of Christianity, rather those who go about life, worshipping, volunteering time and effort to help others, etc?

I'm not willing to wager eternity on being afraid of what purple haired liberals will think.

I would think Christianity would become tedious after the first 100 million years or so of eternity.
Eternity consists of 2, and only 2 locations. One is a perfect heaven and the other is a lake of fire and brimstone. Neither of the 2 will be tedious.

It’s far more of a fairy tale that the entire universe just spontaneously appeared than it is a product of intelligent design, but you do you.
No, it's not, but that's not even the point. Intelligent design is one thing. But believing the intelligent design is what is described in the Bible even though it is historically and scientifically wrong. Then, when enough evidence is presented to overwhelmingly prove it wrong, you theists argue that the previous interpretation was incorrect for these thousands of years, and now - suddenly - you have the correct interpretation.
I'm not willing to wager eternity on being afraid of what purple haired liberals will think.
Yet you’re wagering eternity by believing Christianity and not any of the other religions that refute Christianity and have their own damnation for not believing their religion. See how illogical your stance is?

So let's review. You morons believe that:

Some communication method is allowing psychic messages and thoughts to be transferred to a Jewish ghost which allows him to know that you accept him as your master and allows him to hear you asking him to lift the magical punishment curse that was put on you due to an old bitch who was made from the rib of her partner eating a piece of magical fruit because a talking snake told her to.

Anybody who believes that bullshit has absolutely no credibility on any topic whatsoever.

Last edited:
On the last day of earth, the judgement day, there will be at least one piece of advice every single human being will agree on whole heartedly...and that is the advice of "don't allow anyone or anything to stand between you and Jesus".

Reactions: ThunderCat98
No, it's not, but that's not even the point. Intelligent design is one thing. But believing the intelligent design is what is described in the Bible even though it is historically and scientifically wrong. Then, when enough evidence is presented to overwhelmingly prove it wrong, you theists argue that the previous interpretation was incorrect for these thousands of years, and now - suddenly - you have the correct interpretation.

Yet your wagering eternity by believing Christianity and not any of the other religions that refute Christianity and have their own damnation for not believing their religion. See how illogical your stance is?

So let's review. You morons believe that:

Some communication method is allowing psychic messages and thoughts to be transferred to a Jewish ghost which allows him to know that you accept him as your master and allows him to hear you asking him to lift the magical punishment curse that was put on you due to an old bitch who was made from the rib of her partner eating a piece of magical fruit because a talking snake told her to.

Anybody who believes that bullshit has absolutely no credibility on any topic whatsoever.
I grew up religious, but tend to believe as you do now. Christianity stole so many stories from other religions. Religion is a way to control the masses. Imagine a world where literally no one has morals(though we are headed in that direction). Maybe that UFO that crashed in Vegas was Xenu sending for ET, but the coordinates were off.

I grew up religious, but tend to believe as you do now. Christianity stole so many stories from other religions. Religion is a way to control the masses. Imagine a world where literally no one has morals(though we are headed in that direction). Maybe that UFO that crashed in Vegas was Xenu sending for ET, but the coordinates were off.
Something to consider @Jartard . While it is true that some academics have suggested that the biblical writers borrowed from other sources in Ancient Near Eastern Mythology I would submit that not to be the case and if anything just the opposite occurred. There are several sources such as Moses and Sargon of Akkad and the Mesopotamian story of Ludlul bel Numeqi that are cited. One story is known as the Epic of Gilgamesh. This is from Sumerian Cuneiform Tablets and some have asserted this influenced the story of Noah and the ark. To be honest, there are literally hundreds of stories out there about a huge flood. Many of these traditions were passed down from father to son. Many include details about a boat and humans and animals surviving.

So how do we know which view is true? This would take way too long to satisfy some on here, but here is a Cliff Notes view on the subject. To begin with, the reliability and historicity of writing is a good place to start. The Bible has a proven track record for recording events accurately. So then does the existence of other writings with some similarities disprove the biblical account? No, if anything it serves to bolster it. The reality is this, this story was passed down from one generation to another. As people groups migrated and details were often omitted and changed. This is the case since the story originated from a common source. Given the Jews’ reputation for passing down information scrupulously from one generation to another and maintaining a consistent reporting of events, Genesis is considered by historians and archaeologists to be far more historical than the Epic of Gilgamesh, which is regarded as mythological because of its numerous gods and their interrelationships and intrigues in deciding the fate of humankind.

Here is an interesting snippet from an article on this subject matter. Some people may refer to Richard Dawkins who attacked this very issue as a reliable source.

George Heath-Whyte, a researcher at Cambridge who specializes in Assyriology and Near East history. Heath-Whyte then took to Twitter and wrote a scathing thread of tweets exposing the slew of factual errors in Dawkins’ book.

Dawkins' primary concern is apparently for The Truth. I’ve only read 60 pages of the book so far, but he keeps on demonstrating to me that, if you’re primary concern is also for The Truth, then he's not the person to listen to.
As I said earlier this is a deep subject but maybe this might just stir you to dig a little bit deeper.

Last edited:
I need to adjust the intelligence rankings of posters on this board. If you’re a Christian and believe the fairy tales in the Bible, show your support here:
Well, I have stayed out of it. But, you purchased a cell phone Taz and mentioned something about a shower head you couldn't change. Plus that necklace chain deal is UGLY. And, the Romper. The Romper is some serious demerits.

Now, I am with the Christians. I wanted to stay out of it but, the good books says according to the King James Version(the others are something similiar) and I quote:

Matthew 10:33: But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

So count me in. When you look around the world and see its magnificence and things like the birth of a child and things we can't explain, count me in.

I don't care if you laugh at me.

Reactions: ohio herd
Well, I have stayed out of it. But, you purchased a cell phone Taz and mentioned something about a shower head you couldn't change. Plus that necklace chain deal is UGLY. And, the Romper. The Romper is some serious demerits.

Now, I am with the Christians. I wanted to stay out of it but, the good books says according to the King James Version(the others are something similiar) and I quote:

Matthew 10:33: But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

So count me in. When you look around the world and see its magnificence and things like the birth of a child and things we can't explain, count me in.

I don't care if you laugh at me.
No offense, but I think it's too late for both of us. If you recall, greed already said we were going straight to hell.

I didn't ask you. I type something nice and you are a jerk about it. You are running people away from Christ with your actions.
Greed does not run me away from the love of our Lord and Savior.

He has no say whatsoever in my relationship with Jesus.

I am not perfect but who is

Something to consider @Jartard . While it is true that some academics have suggested that the biblical writers borrowed from other sources in Ancient Near Eastern Mythology I would submit that not to be the case and if anything just the opposite occurred. There are several sources such as Moses and Sargon of Akkad and the Mesopotamian story of Ludlul bel Numeqi that are cited. One story is known as the Epic of Gilgamesh. This is from Sumerian Cuneiform Tablets and some have asserted this influenced the story of Noah and the ark. To be honest, there are literally hundreds of stories out there about a huge flood. Many of these traditions were passed down from father to son. Many include details about a boat and humans and animals surviving.

So how do we know which view is true? This would take way too long to satisfy some on here, but here is a Cliff Notes view on the subject. To begin with, the reliability and historicity of writing is a good place to start. The Bible has a proven track record for recording events accurately. So then does the existence of other writings with some similarities disprove the biblical account? No, if anything it serves to bolster it. The reality is this, this story was passed down from one generation to another. As people groups migrated and details were often omitted and changed. This is the case since the story originated from a common source. Given the Jews’ reputation for passing down information scrupulously from one generation to another and maintaining a consistent reporting of events, Genesis is considered by historians and archaeologists to be far more historical than the Epic of Gilgamesh, which is regarded as mythological because of its numerous gods and their interrelationships and intrigues in deciding the fate of humankind.

Here is an interesting snippet from an article on this subject matter. Some people may refer to Richard Dawkins who attacked this very issue as a reliable source.

George Heath-Whyte, a researcher at Cambridge who specializes in Assyriology and Near East history. Heath-Whyte then took to Twitter and wrote a scathing thread of tweets exposing the slew of factual errors in Dawkins’ book.

As I said earlier this is a deep subject but maybe this might just stir you to dig a little bit deeper.
Where is the mention of cavemen in the Bible? There’s physical proof they existed millions of years ago. No mention of them, or dinosaurs, etc. The Old Testament has some batshit crazy stories. King James cut out a lot of the craziness…but how much after the fact? https://www.cracked.com/article_25101_7-stories-so-horrifying-they-actually-got-cut-from-bible.html

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT