ADVERTISEMENT

None other than Litton,no matter what?

sistersville

Platinum Buffalo
Mar 17, 2007
On a different board, and a goodboard at that, says nobody but Litton will be our qb for the next 3 years. I thought the Gaines Kid was big time. I dont see why anybody would come here with no chance of playing qb. Please tell me anoyther player good enough could earn a starting job at qb. Litton had great numbers last year and done very well but things I saw in practive concerned me and he is all bones.

My guess is that they are planning to red shirt Gaines. That will give him 2 years backing up Litton (whose experience in Docs system should lock up the position for him) then 2 years as the starter.

I've also heard he might make a temporary transition to receiver in order to get him more time in the field.

I'm sure there will be a QB competition, but I also think Doc wants to start red shirting his freshman QBs.

He didnt redshirt cato did he. Gaines could be our next Pennington or leftwich and thats not a knocl on bones.

No, but Cato won the job out of the gate and we had no QBs with starting experience when he was a freshman. If the beginning of last year is any indication Doc seems to want to redshirt (Litton should have been part of the Ohio game). But apparently I may have misspoke, it might be a forced redshirt since Gaines may enter as a prop

Gaines will probably be a prop.
If Gaines is eligible, he is good enough to challenge Litton after a half year in tne system. Ohio State recruited Gaines as a QB. Doc has said, over and over, that the best man will [lay, no matter what the class (FR - SR). Gaines is big time folks. If you have doubts, look at his offers. Litton is good. Very good, IMO. However, he is not so good that he will not face competition.

Reactions: tradebait
If Gaines is eligible, he is good enough to challenge Litton after a half year in tne system. Ohio State recruited Gaines as a QB. Doc has said, over and over, that the best man will [lay, no matter what the class (FR - SR). Gaines is big time folks. If you have doubts, look at his offers. Litton is good. Very good, IMO. However, he is not so good that he will not face competition.
Hes still raw as a QB but very Athletic. He could definitely be a good one here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT