ADVERTISEMENT

Selection show on TBS

sportsphantom1

Platinum Buffalo
Mar 4, 2007
I think we should be a 12 or 13 seed but I think the selection committee is going to screw us. Im still guessing we will get a 15 seed. 14 if we are lucky

So many top seeds lost in tourneys helped us for our seed. 5 or 6 conf below ours had lower level seeds win to take the 14, 15 and 16 seeds.

Alabama is 19-15 with a losing conference record and an RPI of 42 and they get an at large bid. Middle Tennessee is 23-7 16-3 in conference, has an RPI of 33 and they get shut out. I know Alabama plays in a tougher conference but when you give teams with losing conference records at large spots, it makes it almost impossible for the little guys to have a chance.

Alabama is 19-15 with a losing conference record and an RPI of 42 and they get an at large bid. Middle Tennessee is 23-7 16-3 in conference, has an RPI of 33 and they get shut out. I know Alabama plays in a tougher conference but when you give teams with losing conference records at large spots, it makes it almost impossible for the little guys to have a chance.

I agree. Also, I've always disagreed with conference champs playing in the play-in games. Those games should be for the last 8 at-large schools. The reward for winning your conference should be a guaranteed spot in the 64.

I agree. It is a crime that the SEC has 8 teams in and we don't have 2 this year. MTSU has had a great year and an upset loss to USM should not negate an entire year. Allowing ala with a 19-15 record to steal a spot is wrong. #NOTSHOCKED

Notre Dame was the first team out and only out because of the Davidson win. Notre Dame is 19-14, 10-11 in conference and an RPI of 70. Their SOS is 46. It is a joke they even came that close to making the tournament. Again small schools don't have much of a chance anymore. The committee is much too biased.toward "power conference" schools

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT