ADVERTISEMENT

MU PRESS RELEASE Statement on AJL

Mike Gwinn

I'd rather be fishing.
Feb 26, 2002
Beckley, WV
Marshall head coach Doc Holliday announced Monday that he has determined it best that the program and redshirt sophomore wide receiver Angelo Jean-Louis part ways.

The program wishes him the best in his future endeavors.

What if Devon Johnson decided to quit after he was moved? This reminds me of the Travon Van situation. The NFL relishes (WR) that are able to adjust and open to change. When AJL is 41 with a career, mortgage, and a family he will hopefully realize the people in West Virginia was only trying to help him.

That hurts us a lot I was looking forward to seeing him this season
It hurts because we witnessed his talent. We will never know how much it helped. Once again Doc shows no player is bigger than the team. Doc makes no I in team actually be something more than a saying.

Last edited:
This guy approves . . .

laurinaitis-300x167.jpg

What a waste of great talent. Truly that's a shame. It reminds me of Darius Marshall who just needed to stay that last year and he would have made it somewhere in the NFL.

Doc is right though. The team is larger than the individual. If he was that big of a distraction then cut the cord and move forward.

I'm not making an argument against what the coaches and seniors decided to do. I'm simply stating the kid was very talented and it's hard to replace his kind of talent. Allen, McManus, Yurachek, Foster, AJL, DJ as a skill set is potent, take anyone away and it's less so.

You replace AJL With Justin Hunt, Josh Knight, Rhylen Elzy and the truck keeps moving along. There is a walk on freshman that's killing it right now in the slot. And Gator Green is getting better.

This is college football where kids get 4 years max to play. The program is bigger than any player.

We're replacing Rakeem Cato with a transfer from JMU who hasn't taken a live snap in 2 years. We all think we're going to be ok at QB. I'm pretty sure we can lose a backup slot WR who won't buy in & whose teammates want him gone. There's an obvious rift in the locker room with AJL. Him being on the team may have costed us more than him being off the team.

You rid yourself of cancers. He tweeted about the seniors not knowing him & not having his back. If he stays and gets some young players in his corner, there could be a split locker room by mid season instead of just an isolated renegade.

Reactions: Herd In the Plains
A punk will always be a punk. Try that attitude down at Florida A&M next year.

Maybe Cody Carter can get a Crack at slot, now. Go in state kid!

Reactions: pj(HN)
This is college football where kids get 4 years max to play. The program is bigger than any player.

We're replacing Rakeem Cato with a transfer from JMU who hasn't taken a live snap in 2 years. We all think we're going to be ok at QB. I'm pretty sure we can lose a backup slot WR who won't buy in & whose teammates want him gone. There's an obvious rift in the locker room with AJL. Him being on the team may have costed us more than him being off the team.

You rid yourself of cancers. He tweeted about the seniors not knowing him & not having his back. If he stays and gets some young players in his corner, there could be a split locker room by mid season instead of just an isolated renegade.

That is what happened when Snyder never dismissed Josh Johnson. He became a cancer in the locker room and younger players like TJ Drakeford and Corey Hart gravitated towards him. You see what happened to them

I know what he plays. He has also worked at the slot before. He'll likely never see the field at safety, and clearly won't play corner. (hate playing the race card, but he's white)

Receiver is a position that has to be deep, roster wise. If he were to switch, he could have a better shot of playing.

Shammond, you hit it all! Especially, him costing the team by being there.

Hey, WV_Celt...Doc gets you on the field due to how good you are, not due to how white you are.

Reactions: GeauxHerd
So a 2nd string slot WR who was casted off by the seniors of the team NOT the coaches is going to hurt us? Addition by Subtraction.

I'm as disappointed as anybody, but maybe the fact that he was 2nd string is a good point. We've seen how talented he is, and he wasn't even slated to start for us. Maybe that should be the takeaway about where we're at as a program.

Facts are facts.
What in the hell do you think you're talking about or point do you think you're making? What facts? You stated an opinion, I refuted it. Please, point out the starting white corners at the FBS level, please.

You're trying to drag this into something that it isn't, and trying to make me look bad in the process. I'm ending it early, and now. Welcome to my ignore list.

What in the hell do you think you're talking about or point do you think you're making? What facts? You stated an opinion, I refuted it. Please, point out the starting white corners at the FBS level, please.

You're trying to drag this into something that it isn't, and trying to make me look bad in the process. I'm ending it early, and now. Welcome to my ignore list.

I believe you need to pay a little bit more attention to who you're responding to you. I was trying to agree with you. Fact is there aren't many white corners in football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT