ADVERTISEMENT

Thomson for Heisman

Yea makes sense y’all have complained about everything Green has done and talked about Thomson being the savior. Cheers. This celebration is for you.

Lmao. Give any QB .6 seconds to read and throw, you will get roughly the same out of all of them. 6 Sacks and 12 QB Hits.........and I do not think he held the ball that long at all. Our left side of the line sucks.

Maybe Thomson should learn to recognize a blitz and hit his hot receiver. The dude can't throw the ball, not his fault that we wasted a scholarship on a guy with a trashed shoulder, but Morrell was on the bench and he's healthy. Why play a lame QB the whole second half when all they had to do was stack the box because we couldn't throw effectively.

Maybe Thomson should learn to recognize a blitz and hit his hot receiver. The dude can't throw the ball, not his fault that we wasted a scholarship on a guy with a trashed shoulder, but Morrell was on the bench and he's healthy. Why play a lame QB the whole second half when all they had to do was stack the box because we couldn't throw effectively.

Shows you just how bad Morrell is too.

Reactions: HerdFan73
There was no hot receiver based on what I watched or the hot receiver never got open. Thomson actually threw the ball fine, but he didn't have enough time to make plays most of the night.

Thompson's biggest issue seemed, to me at least, was not making a decision quick enough (i.e. holding the ball too long). I would imagine that the game will slow down for him in the next few weeks and he'll be a play maker. The only burning question is what will the coaching staff do when Green comes back healthy?

What is ODU's pass rush defense like?

Clearly you don't remember watching him play or throw the ball. Cann couldn't throw the ball in the ocean from the beach.

No I do. That is why I said what I said. Thomson when he did throw had accuracy issues.

I am hoping that the game plan we saw vs MTSU was more a function of Doc once again playing too safe vs Thomson's arm just not being up to task.

Thompson's biggest issue seemed, to me at least, was not making a decision quick enough (i.e. holding the ball too long). I would imagine that the game will slow down for him in the next few weeks and he'll be a play maker. The only burning question is what will the coaching staff do when Green comes back healthy?

Their DE, Ohsane Ximines is tied for 3rd in the nation in sacks. As a team they are 30th.

Reactions: HerdFan1971
Thomson when he did throw had accuracy issues.

Huh? The guy had nine balls either dropped or within the receiver's catch radius. If those (or even 3/4) are caught, he's looking at a pretty nice stat line. I realize "if's and but's" don't matter, but you're way off base in saying he was inaccurate.

They have no defense. They beat VT because Jackson got injured and their QB could have completed passes blindfolded because he was in such a zone out there. That said, ODU's defense will probably play lights out against us.

No screens either. It looked like the Colorat State game from last December. Except Middle Tennessee was Marshall and we played more like CSU.

Huh? The guy had nine balls either dropped or within the receiver's catch radius. If those (or even 3/4) are caught, he's looking at a pretty nice stat line. I realize "if's and but's" don't matter, but you're way off base in saying he was inaccurate.

You're hilarious. There are balls "that should be caught" every game. That impacts every QB, every game. To get to nine you must have included every catch Calvin Johnson should have made in his prime.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
You're hilarious. There are balls "that should be caught" every game. That impacts every QB, every game. To get to nine you must have included every catch Calvin Johnson should have made in his prime.

Go back and watch the game. Count them yourself. I’ll wait for you to do so.

Reactions: kdbherdon

He had a throw to Brady that hit the dirt a few yards behind him and air mailed a few deep shots.

He had a throw to Brady that hit the dirt a few yards behind him and air mailed a few deep shots.

That was his first throw in a live game situation in almost a year and a half. C’mon man.

We only threw deep four times and two of those were good balls. Brady dropped one down the sideline and Williams gator-armed the 2nd one, which led to Dallas ripping into him.

Sorta like 3 of IG's INT's bounced off the WR's hands - but we don't hear that when discussing his issues.

Reactions: pdbailey
That’s the thing. I haven’t really discussed them in a negative fashion because he’s played about like I’ve expected him to, maybe a little better.

I think he has tons of upside but he'll have to work on his mechanics. Experience will be a huge help, just like it was with Cato. The fact that we have him for 4 years is encouraging.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Offensive line improvement will help get Green back to playing with good mechanics imo, going back and watching the miami game, i didn't really see that many "bad" throws or really even bad decisions, after that game is when the pressure got to him and mechanics went to ****

Hopefully they can scheme him out.
Everybody that has played them has doubled him on pass plays and ran the ball away from him. My guess is that ODU's DC will make adjustments and we will need to maybe look to run at him some to keep them honest.

He threw behind targets, drilled one into the ground toward Brady, and overthrew Brady by a mile on a fade. I’ll grant you that he might have been a little rusty, I guess we will find out this Saturday. And next. And next.

I have to weigh in here. Did you actually watch the game? AT looked like he would have rather been in 100 other places then where he was at. Not that he was disinterested, but he looked like a guy who liked the idea of being a D1 QB before he actually got the job. Then he had no clue what he was doing there.

To the mods (especially the one who like the memes) when are you going to unban my other name johns1124?

Free johns1124!! How long must he suffer the indignity of _??
There must be a statute of limitations.......I really don’t believe her story about when they were in high school.

Reactions: johns_1124
There must be a statute of limitations.......

I really don’t believe her story about when they were in high school.

Well, no shit. You're a deplorable who is more obsessed with Trump than anyone on this board. You're the exact person he was talking about when he said he could shoot somebody on Fifth Ave. and still not lose his supporters.

Lmao. Give any QB .6 seconds to read and throw, you will get roughly the same out of all of them. 6 Sacks and 12 QB Hits.........and I do not think he held the ball that long at all. Our left side of the line sucks.

To be fair, the o line issues have been there all season. Green has had to deal with the same issue of having little help up front.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT