ADVERTISEMENT

WKU game on TV

The Real SamC

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 15, 2007
Remember that MU @ WKU is on Fox College Sports-Atlantic. That is 509 on Suddenstink and 608 on DirecTV. I do not think that channel is on DISH or Crumcast. On DirecTV 608 is a part time channel, it will come up just at game time.

Feed is from WKYU, WKU's PBS station, so it is not a neutral broadcast.

Reactions: HerdFan1971
Thanks for the information Sam...got a chuckle out of the game ( as I have Direct) being on the Fox "part time channel" , what a sports package CUSA has ;)

Or, if you have rabbit ears, put tin foil on the right one, lift your left arm at a 60 degree angle and stand on your right foot. It's a little snowy but you can tell which team is which.

To be fair, this is a sort of "bonus game" WKU is using their PBS to cover some of its games left out of the CUSA packages and then Fox is picking up the local telecast as cheap programming.

Something dshoe was doing at Marshall 35 years ago.

To be fair, this is a sort of "bonus game" WKU is using their PBS to cover some of its games left out of the CUSA packages and then Fox is picking up the local telecast as cheap programming.

Something dshoe was doing at Marshall 35 years ago.

I loved those WMUL broadcasts. The early days were Dan, Ellis Johnson and Charlie Foster. Good stuff!

Reactions: GreenDuke
Believe WKU obtained a deal with Fox to "simulcast" a bunch of their games, especially their home games. They use their radio play-by-play team to call the games. At least they have an AD who thinks outside the box; wish we had one that "thinks"!!
At least WKU is getting some exposure. Heck, their last Saturday game at Southern Miss was rebroadcast tonight on one of the Fox channels. Also, tonight there were games in the Ohio Valley, Big South, American East, or Northeast, and Missouri Valley, conferences broadcast on either one of the ESPN networks or CBS sports. Just makes the CUSA so called "TV package" look that much more pitiful, which it is!!!

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
TwolfHerdfan you just brought back some great memories. I can remember those guys doing a pre-game show on the roof of the press box at Old Fairfield. Fun memories and thanks for remembering a group that many on here probably never "Herd" of.

TwolfHerdfan you just brought back some great memories. I can remember those guys doing a pre-game show on the roof of the press box at Old Fairfield. Fun memories and thanks for remembering a group that many on here probably never "Herd" of.

Yep, I used to stay up at night and watch the game delayed telecast at 11:30 on Saturday nights. Foster always referred to Johnson as "ET". I always enjoyed watching those telecasts - that was back in the day when you had three channels and MU had never been on TV, in any capacity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT