ADVERTISEMENT

Go play WVU

Aug 7, 2004
I was not sad when Marshall and WVU cancelled the series. I saw a friend throw out the suggestion that Marshall should drive up and play WVU. This is a 1 off. We should go play them!!!

Wish wv and Marshall played this weekend. Only people that don't want this game are chicken Shi/s. I'd play wv every year in morgantown until the herd beats them. Then reward the herd with a home game. We have not earned any rights over wv.

Reactions: EastsideofWestside
Wish wv and Marshall played this weekend. Only people that don't want this game are chicken Shi/s. I'd play wv every year in morgantown until the herd beats them. Then reward the herd with a home game. We have not earned any rights over wv.

Just like we did against NC State? Or Pitt? Or Purdue?

No, those schools are just more reasonable and don’t think higher of themselves than they should.

Lol that's wv or Marshall. Both sides are pathetic. Being a fan of both I see clearly. I want to beat wv before I die When I first started going in 73 the idea of wv playing Marshall was never ever mentioned. Of course after the crash we started over. Proudly I sat thru the ashes to glory thing. We cheered when we got first downs. Now we have played them and could again no excuse floats with me. Nothing greater than beating wv in Morgantown. .

They should play it at Laidley field, or Parkersburg High School. Both hold about 10-15K depending on extra bleachers. Donate the proceeds (to something that has nothing to do with either school so we don't have to hear about how it was unevenly distributed )

Reactions: DeHerd
It all sounds good, but WVU will never play MU in any sport that matters, unless you think baseball matters, as long as the current economic situation at WVU exists. There was a time (despite the ridiculous PR WVU spewed at the time) that WVU could draw 40 ish for an early season game. MU filled 25K seats and made the game 1000 times more interesting to the casual fan.

Now, as a field filler in the Big 2, Little 8, WVU can more or less sell out (although at prices far below larger programs) and gets big $$ from Texas/Oklahoma. While it is a certain fact (source: USA Today's exhaustive data base on the subject, posted here many times) that WVU sports is NOT "self-supporting", it would not be made so by one or two games with us. It is worth the lost $$ to WVU not to play us, and that will not change.

Until the next "great realignment". See me then,

It all sounds good, but WVU will never play MU in any sport that matters, unless you think baseball matters, as long as the current economic situation at WVU exists. There was a time (despite the ridiculous PR WVU spewed at the time) that WVU could draw 40 ish for an early season game. MU filled 25K seats and made the game 1000 times more interesting to the casual fan.

Now, as a field filler in the Big 2, Little 8, WVU can more or less sell out (although at prices far below larger programs) and gets big $$ from Texas/Oklahoma. While it is a certain fact (source: USA Today's exhaustive data base on the subject, posted here many times) that WVU sports is NOT "self-supporting", it would not be made so by one or two games with us. It is worth the lost $$ to WVU not to play us, and that will not change.

I'm not the most knowledgeable person but didnt WVU and Marshall play 12 times in football with multiple games being played in Huntington and Marshall is 0-12? Just curious what the incentive would be for WVU to play the game? I think they should play in basketball annually in Charleston or even do the game around the state like the joint in Beckley, Wheeling hockey rink, Parkersburg Fieldhouse, maybe even the eastern panhandle. But in football... what's the point?

I'm not the most knowledgeable person but didnt WVU and Marshall play 12 times in football with multiple games being played in Huntington and Marshall is 0-12? Just curious what the incentive would be for WVU to play the game? I think they should play in basketball annually in Charleston or even do the game around the state like the joint in Beckley, Wheeling hockey rink, Parkersburg Fieldhouse, maybe even the eastern panhandle. But in football... what's the point?
the first 4 games were played back in the 20's or something like that. The modern series was 8 games beginning in 1997. Of those games 6 were played in Morgantown and 2 in Huntington. I hope we don't play them ever again and it has nothing to do with who is the better team. I can;t stand their fans and I know I am not the only one that feels that way.

the first 4 games were played back in the 20's or something like that. The modern series was 8 games beginning in 1997. Of those games 6 were played in Morgantown and 2 in Huntington. I hope we don't play them ever again and it has nothing to do with who is the better team. I can;t stand their fans and I know I am not the only one that feels that way.

Ok well I personally don't think it benefits either team to play the football game. Marshall isn't going to get paid for the game as some think they should. Of course some don't think they should and should just play a home and home. WVU has fans that want to play home and home, some want 2 for 1 or 5 for 2 again, some want only games in Morgantown. I don't think there is a scenario that would work to satisfy a simple majority of fans. Even a 2 and 1 where Marshall gets paid would piss some people off.. on both sides. So your wish will be granted- they ain't playing again for a long time.

Ok well I personally don't think it benefits either team to play the football game. Marshall isn't going to get paid for the game as some think they should. Of course some don't think they should and should just play a home and home. WVU has fans that want to play home and home, some want 2 for 1 or 5 for 2 again, some want only games in Morgantown. I don't think there is a scenario that would work to satisfy a simple majority of fans. Even a 2 and 1 where Marshall gets paid would piss some people off.. on both sides. So your wish will be granted- they ain't playing again for a long time.
I agree 100% with you teen. They certainly don't need us and we really don't need them either. We have proven we can schedule P5 schools to 1-1 games so the idea of a 2-1 or a 5-2 is off the table. The egos up north will not allow a 1-1 so I say lets both just move on.

I agree 100% with you teen. They certainly don't need us and we really don't need them either. We have proven we can schedule P5 schools to 1-1 games so the idea of a 2-1 or a 5-2 is off the table. The egos up north will not allow a 1-1 so I say lets both just move on.

Yeah if there are 1-1 opportunities it's solid to jump on those. I also like heavy paydays for playing those games because it's win win with nothing to lose in those cases. Are the NCst and USC games 1-1?

Yeah if there are 1-1 opportunities it's solid to jump on those. I also like heavy paydays for playing those games because it's win win with nothing to lose in those cases. Are the NCst and USC games 1-1?
NC State was but South Carolina wasn't

I don't know where you are getting your information but most of what you wrote is wrong. WVU ticket prices aren't "at prices far below larger programs." For example, according to SportsBusiness Journal, Clemson, Georgia, and Florida have cheaper tickets than WVU.
https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2015/08/24/In-Depth/Research.aspx

It's also not true that they would only average 40 some thousand for early season home games. 1985 for example they had more than 60k the first 3 games. They can't even get that many in there now, they have less seats now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985_West_Virginia_Mountaineers_football_team

I've been reading some of your old posts and it's really incredible. Almost everything you write is totally wrong.

Last edited:
The mark of success for each team is how they do in their own conference playing against schools that offer similar competition with their league.

We are not on their level financially or any other aspect. Two different levels.

Just brag about how we do in our conference and bowl games instead of thinking we should go beat them.

Should be a forum law against the prospects of playing against WVU. They don’t want to play Marshall. They have a lengthy list of reasons for not wanting to play. We've all read them numerous times since the Internet was invented. It's well beyond the time of moving on.

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
I don't know where you are getting your information but most of what you wrote is wrong. WVU ticket prices aren't "at prices far below larger programs." For example, according to SportsBusiness Journal, Clemson, Georgia, and Florida have cheaper tickets than WVU.
https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2015/08/24/In-Depth/Research.aspx

It's also not true that they would only average 40 some thousand for early season home games. 1985 for example they had more than 60k the first 3 games. They can't even get that many in there now, they have less seats now.

I've been reading some of your old posts and it's really incredible. Almost everything you write is totally wrong.

I'm still wondering why he posts and then just moves on. Does he think anyone believes his statistics?

I know it is difficult reading at the HS level for a non-alumni Spamite, so I will try to explain it to you in terms you might understand.

When you compare yourself to Florida, Clemson, etc. you look stupid. You are a field filler. They are Champions. The base price of tickets is hardly the measure of the true cost. You have heard of booster clubs, rights.

The CLAIMED attendance from 1985, and the REAL attendance from 1985 are light years different. Believing what Hoppy and Crap-ridi and such tell you makes you dumber.

As to your reading (or having read to you) my "past posts" and they are "wrong" what you mean is the mean mean man says things that I wish were not true. Thank you.

I know it is difficult reading at the HS level for a non-alumni Spamite, so I will try to explain it to you in terms you might understand.

When you compare yourself to Florida, Clemson, etc. you look stupid. You are a field filler. They are Champions. The base price of tickets is hardly the measure of the true cost. You have heard of booster clubs, rights.

The CLAIMED attendance from 1985, and the REAL attendance from 1985 are light years different. Believing what Hoppy and Crap-ridi and such tell you makes you dumber.

As to your reading (or having read to you) my "past posts" and they are "wrong" what you mean is the mean mean man says things that I wish were not true. Thank you.

You managed to get one thing correct. I’m not a WVU alumnus. I went to Marshall. Reading your old posts, it’s clear, you just believe what you want to believe and disregard the actual evidence. You don’t seem to take the time to look things up. Since you are already on the internet, it doesn’t seem like that would be a hard thing for you to do. I’m giving your post a “like” anyway because you gave me a good laugh. Thanks for that Samantha.

No one cares to hear your BS either

I'm so glad that, finally, you found somebody on this board who will acknowledge your posts by responding to you. The ass-kissing of your fellow conservatives that you exhibit was getting embarrassing to watch as they never respond back to your ass-kissing of them.

So true......

My balls are getting a bit cold now that the two of you have found somebody to recriprocate your obsessive behavior.

Sam actually both Texas and OU both price their WVU home games 20% more than their other league games. We also have some of the highest ticket prices and required seat donations in the league. As a season ticket holder we get away game info every year and our game is always priced far above the rest of the league contests. Same for NC State this year.

We also have some of the highest ticket prices and required seat donations in the league.

Saying things that are that stupid just shows how out of touch with reality one has to be to follow the Spamites. Memo: You are not Texas or Oklahoma or Florida State or Ohio State or such. You are Purdue, Minnesota, Georgia Tech, Utah. You are a generations long mid major which made the mistake of becoming a field filler in the 5th of the so-called Power 5. You fill a slot. That is all. And that is ALL you (same words as on your DL, no actual relationship) will ever be. Ever. You, like so many others, are getting a check to fill a slot and take your beatings and compete with the other field fillers for 3rd or 4th. It is ALL "you" will ever be.

ANYONE can attend ANY Spamite game for a fifth or less of what is needed to go to the major national championship contending (and winning) programs to which you aggrandize yourself to.

And that is Spamitieism in a nutshell. Required belief in things that no one with half a brain can believe.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
Saying things that are that stupid just shows how out of touch with reality one has to be to follow the Spamites. Memo: You are not Texas or Oklahoma or Florida State or Ohio State or such. You are Purdue, Minnesota, Georgia Tech, Utah. You are a generations long mid major which made the mistake of becoming a field filler in the 5th of the so-called Power 5. You fill a slot. That is all. And that is ALL you (same words as on your DL, no actual relationship) will ever be. Ever. You, like so many others, are getting a check to fill a slot and take your beatings and compete with the other field fillers for 3rd or 4th. It is ALL "you" will ever be.

ANYONE can attend ANY Spamite game for a fifth or less of what is needed to go to the major national championship contending (and winning) programs to which you aggrandize yourself to.

And that is Spamitieism in a nutshell. Required belief in things that no one with half a brain can believe.

Sambo..........you're not fooling anyone. Truth be told you're envious and would love to swap places with the Mountaineers, and you realize that is never going to happen. Thus the reason behind all your anti-WVU vitriol. No need for all the hate that you are filled with.

Reactions: countryroads89
Sambo..........you're not fooling anyone. Truth be told you're envious and would love to swap places with the Mountaineers, and you realize that is never going to happen. Thus the reason behind all your anti-WVU vitriol. No need for all the hate that you are filled with.
Yes Sam would love to swap and get MU all the trailer park wall mart fans

Reactions: The Real SamC
Have to ask, Chubby, why would Penn State have any interest, other than a chance for a couple of easy wins, in playing a football series with WVU, a team they have beaten about 35 times in 36 or 37 games over a span of 4 decades or so??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT