ADVERTISEMENT

Isiah green rumor

I just know going into a season with at QB with little to no experience (aka a freshman) makes for a difficult start, so having said that Im not starting a rumor.

We are not getting a transfer in the next five weeks that is going to come in and be ready to play... At this point, its a battle between Wells, Zban and Sammons to see who the starter is. I doubt it ends up mattering, because I dont think the season is going to be played, which could end up being a blessing for us.

In public and Private, Doc is bashed by former players.

There may be some (likely the ones that were removed due to their own stupidity) that speak out against Doc and the staff, but I've never seen the first example of a four-year player speaking badly about Doc or anyone else on the staff.

There may be some (likely the ones that were removed due to their own stupidity) that speak out against Doc and the staff, but I've never seen the first example of a four-year player speaking badly about Doc or anyone else on the staff.
You probably need to go to more kegger parties with them to actually know what they really say.. just sayin

Did Clint Van Horn get removed? What about Jaquan and Talik? They still around and spoke out. How about Deandre Reeves? Our best WR left to walk on at Oklahoma because he didnt want to play for Doc anymore.

Its ok Coach Stowers, you dont always have to blindly support the coaches over the players each and every time. Like IG said, they will change the story to fit their narrative.

Did Clint Van Horn get removed? What about Jaquan and Talik? They still around and spoke out. How about Deandre Reeves? Our best WR left to walk on at Oklahoma because he didnt want to play for Doc anymore.

Its ok Coach Stowers, you dont always have to blindly support the coaches over the players each and every time. Like IG said, they will change the story to fit their narrative.

I am sure Doc has his shortcomings in this department. He doesn't seem like the warm and fuzzy type, and it is time for a change; but if a kid doesn't want to play for him or be here, they can easily leave. The NCAA has made it pretty easy.

CVH is lucky that he made it through four years of playing football based off what I know of him. Jaquan and Talik haven't "spoke out." Jesus.....neither one of them singled out Doc in what they were saying. They were referring to Grant Traylor's article. Deandre Reaves...the guy that stuck around for four years (caught six passes in his 1st three seasons), and finally put in the work to become the player the staff thought he could be (MVP of the 2015 season). Yeah, that seems like someone that hated his situation. And for Obi, he went to Oklahoma for the exposure....not because he didn't like Doc. Those are his words (basically verbatim)....not mine.

Keep hiding behind a screen name and I'll keep supporting our football team.

Hiding? Do you really not know who that is?

CVH is lucky that he's made it through four years of playing football based off what I know of him. Jaquan and Talik haven't "spoke out." Jesus.....neither one of them singled out Doc in what they were saying. They were referring to Grant Traylor's article. Deandre Reaves...the guy that stuck around for four years (caught six passes in his 1st three seasons), and finally put in the work to become the player the staff thought he could be (MVP of the 2015 season). Yeah, that seems like someone that hated his situation. And for Obi, he went to Oklahoma for the exposure....not because he didn't like Doc. Those are his words (basically verbatim)....not mine.

Players sticking around for four years doesn't equate to liking the head coach and is a poor argument. A kid like Reeves (six catches in his first three years) isn't getting a scholarship elsewhere with that type of production if he wanted to transfer. He wouldn't have had much of an opportunity to transfer without having to pay.

Now, maybe you can help answer this: why would Doc continue to have somebody like Green - a player you repeatedly bashed as lacking leadership/character - lead the team for three years?

Hiding? Do you really not know who that is?

Players sticking around for four years doesn't equate to liking the head coach and is a poor argument. A kid like Reeves (six catches in his first three years) isn't getting a scholarship elsewhere with that type of production if he wanted to transfer. He wouldn't have had much of an opportunity to transfer without having to pay.

Now, maybe you can help answer this: why would Doc continue to have somebody like Green - a player you repeatedly bashed as lacking leadership/character - lead the team for three years?
Yea, stuff about Doc getting a new contract has now hit social media. It looks like its getting nasty behind the curtain.

CVH is lucky that he's made it through four years of playing football based off what I know of him. Jaquan and Talik haven't "spoke out." Jesus.....neither one of them singled out Doc in what they were saying. They were referring to Grant Traylor's article. Deandre Reaves...the guy that stuck around for four years (caught six passes in his 1st three seasons), and finally put in the work to become the player the staff thought he could be (MVP of the 2015 season). Yeah, that seems like someone that hated his situation. And for Obi, he went to Oklahoma for the exposure....not because he didn't like Doc. Those are his words (basically verbatim)....not mine.

What does sticking around have to do with anything? Maybe he liked his teammates or his academics. Maybe he had a girlfriend and didnt want to leave. I just know that the majority of the players under Doc only really play for each other, the 75, and the select few assistant coaches. Outside of Vinny and few others, not many speak highly of Doc.

And before the Transfer Portal, Doc had a habit of blocking players from transferring to any FBS program.

Coach, if you need help moderating this or need some mentoring in the moderating department, just let me know. I would be glad to guide you through it.

I’m not sure you’re barking up the right tree. The rumor is that CEO Chris told Coach Stowers to keep his ass off of the Pullman Board and to stay on the paid forum. I’m not sure he has any pull in this neighborhood, so you may have to just start moderating it on your own

The rumor is that CEO Chris told Coach Stowers to keep his ass off of the Pullman Board and to stay on the paid forum. I’m not sure he has any pull in this neighborhood, so you may have to just start moderating it on your own

And yet.....I’m still here.

Rumors are a funny thing.

I have seen plenty players who were considered household names be highly critical of Doc while they were on the team and once they left. And yes some of these were players that played their entire eligibility at Marshall.

Doc and Hamrick have done zero to control the narrative. At least we could be winning. Then we probably wouldn't pay it any mind. Except we're not. We're struggling to be on the level of UNC-Charlotte. I like Doc, but it's just time to move on.

It's one thing to have some random player on the roster being a character issue. It's another thing when your QB appears to be a toxic presence. The fact that Doc recruited him and has kept him around this long with almost zero payoff says a lot.

I have seen plenty players who were considered household names be highly critical of Doc while they were on the team and once they left. And yes some of these were players that played their entire eligibility at Marshall.

Doc and Hamrick have done zero to control the narrative. At least we could be winning. Then we probably wouldn't pay it any mind. Except we're not. We're struggling to be on the level of UNC-Charlotte. I like Doc, but it's just time to move on.

It's one thing to have some random player on the roster being a character issue. It's another thing when your QB appears to be a toxic presence. The fact that Doc recruited him and has kept him around this long with almost zero payoff says a lot.
As I have said before, Doc will let character issues slide if your a real good athlete. He also lets the discipline slide on these same athletes once they are in school. After what happened with Litton attitude wise why would Doc even consider keeping Green around?

Now Doc is forced to play a freshman QB with zero experience.

I think Cato was smart, at least in terms of football. I'm pretty certain he had legitimate mental health issues though, I'm sure due to the circumstances of his childhood, and his education in other areas outside of football seemed to have been limited. That's not uncommon with athletes growing up in places like where he came from, where there is absolutely no support structure to make sure you're getting more out of life than just ball.
Yes, I heard if your were a WR for Cato and he got mad at you he would just flat not throw you the football no matter if you were open or not. A WR from Charleston that played pro football had a terrible senior season because Cato would just not throw him the football. Cato should thank Doc for putting up with his behavior because im not sure anyone else would have

As I have said before, Doc will let character issues slide if your a real good athlete. He also lets the discipline slide on these same athletes once they are in school. After what happened with Litton attitude wise why would Doc even consider keeping Green around?

Now Doc is forced to play a freshman QB with zero experience.
Or a junior QB who hadn't improved in the time he was here.

Reactions: johns1124
So that is why you're always defending Doc: you're both in places you shouldn't be.
The more I talk to people the more I sense a real frustration with Doc. I assume the mods here want recruiting info from the staff so they need to take up for them. I still find the relationship with MU football and the Eastern Panhandle coaches sad. At this point change is needed

What do you mean?
If you have followed my posts Doc has not recruited the Eastern Panhandle since he has been the coach. Then to rub it everyones face he took a prob from nearby Winchester Va that all of our schools played and we have it on tape the kid getting dominated. I spoke to an area high school coach again yesterday that Doc and the coach at Martinsburg had a huge falling out over Doc pulling an offer on a kid several years ago but Doc would not let it go. JC Price talks to the coaches just for window dressing but facts are Martinsburg is one of the winningest programs in the country and Doc has signed no one from the area.

Hamrick and Doc don't get along

Facebook huh? It must be true.

Doc will let character issues slide if your a real good athlete. He also lets the discipline slide on these same athletes once they are in school.

Dude, you really are just full of it. People like yourself are just like the mainstream media nowadays. You have no clue what’s actually going on but you just throw stuff out there to stir the pot. What’s worse is that you come to a Marshall board to do it.

Reactions: SrHerdFan
Facebook huh? It must be true.

Dude, you really are just full of it. People like yourself are just like the mainstream media nowadays. You have no clue what’s actually going on but you just throw stuff out there to stir the pot. What’s worse is that you come to a Marshall board to do it.
Look dude, Im on the ground, I know what coaches are saying. PM me and lets talk about it.

I spoke to an area high school coach again yesterday that Doc and the coach at Martinsburg had a huge falling out over Doc pulling an offer on a kid several years ago but Doc would not let it go.

I’ve already disproved this bullshit story.

They simply recruited over the kid. They never “pulled the offer.”

I’ve already disproved this bullshit story.

They simply recruited over the kid. They never “pulled the offer.”
Again, Doc has not recruited one kid from the area since he has been coach. So, Im not debating the issue. Facts are facts. Maybe Doc will do it this year to prove me wrong.

Josh, recruiting tip. Go check it out for me. Blake Hartman(running back/LB), 1st team allstate as a junior from Musselman. He is now 6 ft, 225, and is on social media squatting 500 lbs 10 times. Yep! 10 times.4.0 gpa! Go do some reseach, call the high school coach, and report on the kid. He is a stud.

Look dude, Im on the ground, I know what coaches are saying. PM me and lets talk about it.

I don’t need to “PM” you to talk about something I don’t care about. I’m just sick of you spreading bullshit that’s not even remotely true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT