ADVERTISEMENT

New Henderson Center video board going up

Will the base beneath have an “M” or our logo for all to see like the other teams go or do we get to just look up through it?

Will the base beneath have an “M” or our logo for all to see like the other teams go or do we get to just look up through it?
I've not heard, The floor is going to get a makeover as well. Expect to see the present logo gone and replaced by the WV outline, sailor hat Marco and a basketball marking Huntington on the map

I've not heard, The floor is going to get a makeover as well. Expect to see the present logo gone and replaced by the WV outline, sailor hat Marco and a basketball marking Huntington on the map

HM, I thought the HC floor was replaced not that long ago. Are they just repainting/refinishing the floor or replacing it??

The Henderson Center could use a little love on the outside, but the inside is pretty nice and this video board is certainly a quality addition to make the place feel more like a big time arena... Now that we play big time basketball it's fitting.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
A nice touch would be to replace the bleachers on each end of the floor with all chairbacks. May take a few seats away from the total but would look very nice.

Rupp is getting rid of the upper level bleachers, losing 3000 in capacity. And it can actually sell those seats. Since we rarely sell any of the bleachers anyway, replacing them with seats would be smart.

To me the thing the HC needs most, other than just a general powerwashing inside and out, is more lobby and concession space. And beer.

Reactions: herdtown
I vote for the seat backs instead of the bleachers on the ends of the floor. Us parents have to sit at the end opposite the band. Not that great but at least they are free.

Reactions: RhinoD
I vote for the seat backs instead of the bleachers on the ends of the floor. Us parents have to sit at the end opposite the band. Not that great but at least they are free.
I agree! I always found it odd that the visiting team received better comp seating (behind the visitor bench) than the comp seating for Herd player families. But as you said, at least they are free!

Reactions: herdinatl
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT