ADVERTISEMENT

raoul

sistersville

Platinum Buffalo
Mar 17, 2007
You will have a blast watching the hoosiers this season. As a Cat fan they would wory me if we played them. Hoosiers fans are great. THey need another national title.

You will have a blast watching the hoosiers this season. As a Cat fan they would wory me if we played them. Hoosiers fans are great. THey need another national title.

Sisters...I agree about the Indiana Hoosiers...they are my favorite Big 10 basketball team. However, I will be cheering Saturday for Butler to win in Bloomington. I LOVE me some Butler basketball. My Indiana daughter & son-in-law's Christmas gift (last year-2015) to me was tickets to Butler hosting Providence. The Bulldogs lost since the Friers shot (it seemed like) about 80% in the 2nd half.

I am heading to Indiana for Christmas after watching the HERD Monday evening. It is a special night for Coach DD...His Dad (Lewis) will be honored during the game. Lewis turns 103 soon....

MERRY CHRISTMAS to All & to All a Good HERD Night.....

HerdZilla22 (Sweeney) in cold Charlotte

Sweeny I like Butler too. I like most mid majors when they play the big boys. Ever been to Rupp sweeny. You know harick so whisper to hito play ky. Good payday for the herd. I want to go to the big danc. If DD wants to leave a mark then get us itp march madness. Bet its hard for you to hear negative posts against DD and Hammrick. Its part of the job. I worked my ass off in the mines and never made the cash those dudes do.

I have really been enjoying this team so far. Bryant, the center from Huntington Prep, has turned into a very talented player with a lot of finesse around the basket. OG, of course, is going to be a superstar. This is still a young team, next year might be the big year if everyone stays.

Hope u watched monk score 47 against North Carolina. 103-100..cats get a couple more players to step up they can be special

Hard to believe Ky. was gagging it away, thank god Roy threw up on his shoes as usual. What a pathetic game coach. It was entertaining but both teams have inherent weaknesses that were exploited today. I thought Ky was much quicker off the floor and that helped them dominate the 50/50 rebounds and put backs.

The game is in Indianapolis.

My error...once the game came on...I saw it was in Indy. Hell of a game to watch too. I LIKE both teams...just Butler a little more. You from Indiana? My daughter & family reside in Zionsville. Heading there for Christmas, after a stop over in Huntington, to watch HERD basketball, Monday evening.

HerdZilla22 in Chaltte.

Sweeny I like Butler too. I like most mid majors when they play the big boys. Ever been to Rupp sweeny. You know harick so whisper to hito play ky. Good payday for the herd. I want to go to the big danc. If DD wants to leave a mark then get us itp march madness. Bet its hard for you to hear negative posts against DD and Hammrick. Its part of the job. I worked my ass off in the mines and never made the cash those dudes do.

I HERD you Sisters. Yes, I defend DD, Doc & Hamrick. They have been kind to me & I wish I did not get "so worked up" when I read crap on HN. I respect other's comments...but coaching & being an AD at your home school is DIFFICULT. This is the problem with Social Media....readers sometime mis-interpret one's main points and the words can be HURTFUL. Thank you for "mining WV's GOLD===the mining industry. I have a Hell of lot of respect for Coal Miners. Many of my Mt Hope, WV friends worked the mines after high school. I was poor as crap...but I learned early in order to escape poverty that a college education was my lifeline to a better life and good things for my family.

Do you see many HERD games in person? I usually purchase season Football tickets (as I did this year). I drove up (5 1/2 hrs) from Charlotte for the Louisville game. I did not make anymore games...I sent my 2 tickets to Marshall to give to poor kids that can't afford to see Marshall in person. Maybe next year...I can forward some tickets to you...if you would like them?

Merry Christmas & a rewarding 2017 to you & yours...

HerdZilla22 (SWeeney in Charlotte)

Hope u watched monk score 47 against North Carolina. 103-100..cats get a couple more players to step up they can be special

Sadly, I missed the Heels-KY game.....I took two of my grandsons to the new Star Wars movie (very good flick). I forgot to DVR the game. Must have been a close contest with KY hitting the 3-ball with about 16 seconds remaining. Bet Ole' Roy crapped in his pants.....not a big fan of Williams...he is way too condescending for me. But I have LOVED the HEELS since grade school in Mt Hope, WV.

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte

Mr HerdZilla, I didnt miss a home game from 1974 to 1992.I myself didnt escape the mines. Graduated in 78 on a friday and started at martiki coal owned by Mapco on a Monday. Now college was something most were not attending in 78. Here I had the highest paying job in the tristate and eastern ky. I had a monthly bonus of around 500.00 and a very good profit sring plan. For every dollar I put it they matched it. 3 weeks paid vacation a year and best of all 100% medical benefits. This job had a life expectancy of 50 years. My guidance counselor even told me a job like this didnt come around very often and I could always go to school. I knew a month before school let out that I had the job. I didnt appreciate the job like i should have but that advice was the worst ever given to me. The job did last up to 2010 but not by martiki. I got laid off in 85. Had a wife and a beautiful dollar and a only a few bills. I had made my bed. I was a decent driller by then so I ran with it. Worked for addington inc,,Bizzack, Mountain Enterprizes,Booth inc.Big South Mining,Ridgetop,HNR mining and worked out of the steel workers union. Anyway in 2010 I found out i had 2nd stage black lung and retired in 2012. Im 56 and feel very blessed. Now all those years in the mines when things got tough i had saturday afternoons at fairfield to look for. When i first moved to ky from sistersville west virginia dad let me drive to a herd game and i was 15. I fell in love with the herd during their 20 year losing streak. I remember hammrick when he played. fuzzy fillez is from new martinsville where i have family and I worshipped that guy back then. My mom and dad met at meadow bridge but mom graduated from oak hill. I was only one of a few herd fans here in lawrence co ky until in 88 phil ratliff went to marshall and helped them to a national title in 92. I had worked with his dad at martiki and lockworth coal. I think our basketball program needs to be elevated to the level of our football program. Herd could make a splash on a national scene quicker with our bb player if DD can land some pro caliber players. I hate how herd fans cut each others throat. I have done it do but only after being talked to like a dog.

Sisters...I agree about the Indiana Hoosiers...they are my favorite Big 10 basketball team. However, I will be cheering Saturday for Butler to win in Bloomington. I LOVE me some Butler basketball. My Indiana daughter & son-in-law's Christmas gift (last year-2015) to me was tickets to Butler hosting Providence. The Bulldogs lost since the Friers shot (it seemed like) about 80% in the 2nd half.

I am heading to Indiana for Christmas after watching the HERD Monday evening. It is a special night for Coach DD...His Dad (Lewis) will be honored during the game. Lewis turns 103 soon....

MERRY CHRISTMAS to All & to All a Good HERD Night.....

HerdZilla22 (Sweeney) in cold Charlotte

I don't think I've ever met you Gary but I have met the D'antoni clan. They are great people and wonderful representatives for Marshall. I think it's great that they are honoring Lewis!

I wish I could be there.

My error...once the game came on...I saw it was in Indy. Hell of a game to watch too. I LIKE both teams...just Butler a little more. You from Indiana? My daughter & family reside in Zionsville. Heading there for Christmas, after a stop over in Huntington, to watch HERD basketball, Monday evening.

HerdZilla22 in Chaltte.

Small world, Zilla. My wife's cousin and his spouse, both MU grads, live in Zionsville. He retired from State Farm here in WV and moved up there where his daughter and family live in Indianapolis. We stayed in Zionsville when the Herd played at Purdue in football few seasons back. Really liked it. Need to talk up the Herd getting some more games with the likes of Purdue, IU, etc., either in football or basketball, or both. Wife's cuz is always bragging about the BB talent in Indy High schools so maybe you can get Danny to start looking that way for some talent, another Ryan Taylor or two!!

Anyway, hope you and your family have a good and safe trip to Zionsville. Enjoy your family visits. Always enjoy talking with Danny when he makes the coaches tour to Southern WV in May-June. Looking forward to football trip to Charlotte next fall to watch Herd-49ers, with, hopefully, a better result for guys in Kelly Green!! Have a happy holiday season, Zilla!

Small world, Zilla. My wife's cousin and his spouse, both MU grads, live in Zionsville. He retired from State Farm here in WV and moved up there where his daughter and family live in Indianapolis. We stayed in Zionsville when the Herd played at Purdue in football few seasons back. Really liked it. Need to talk up the Herd getting some more games with the likes of Purdue, IU, etc., either in football or basketball, or both. Wife's cuz is always bragging about the BB talent in Indy High schools so maybe you can get Danny to start looking that way for some talent, another Ryan Taylor or two!!

Anyway, hope you and your family have a good and safe trip to Zionsville. Enjoy your family visits. Always enjoy talking with Danny when he makes the coaches tour to Southern WV in May-June. Looking forward to football trip to Charlotte next fall to watch Herd-49ers, with, hopefully, a better result for guys in Kelly Green!! Have a happy holiday season, Zilla!

Thanks for your KIND wishes. Yes, the Village of Zionsville is really special. You need to visit relatives around Thanksgiving and take in the Saturday night Christmas Parade. I watch the Z Eagles play some football, basketball & baseball games yearly. Their baseball team lost the Indiana Big School baseball championship last Spring on a controversal call--losing by a run in the final inning. Indiana high school football is so so....Basketball is crazy good. I take in a few Butler basketball games when I visit and a player I coached in baseball @ Charlotte Christian is a red-shirt freshman football player @ Butler.

BTW DD is well aware of the Hoosier talent...but it's tough getting them to leave the state with most players dreaming of playing in front of the Home Folks with all the good college basketball schools in Indiana.

We have a stop off in Huntington, Monday for the night, taking in the HERD BB game. Uncle Lewis D'antoni turns 103 soon and Marshall is helping celebrate his Birthday before the Wesleyan game.

Wishing you & your family a warm & safe Marry Christmas and bright 2017.

HerdZilla22 (Sweeney) in Charlotte

Mr HerdZilla, I didnt miss a home game from 1974 to 1992.I myself didnt escape the mines. Graduated in 78 on a friday and started at martiki coal owned by Mapco on a Monday. Now college was something most were not attending in 78. Here I had the highest paying job in the tristate and eastern ky. I had a monthly bonus of around 500.00 and a very good profit sring plan. For every dollar I put it they matched it. 3 weeks paid vacation a year and best of all 100% medical benefits. This job had a life expectancy of 50 years. My guidance counselor even told me a job like this didnt come around very often and I could always go to school. I knew a month before school let out that I had the job. I didnt appreciate the job like i should have but that advice was the worst ever given to me. The job did last up to 2010 but not by martiki. I got laid off in 85. Had a wife and a beautiful dollar and a only a few bills. I had made my bed. I was a decent driller by then so I ran with it. Worked for addington inc,,Bizzack, Mountain Enterprizes,Booth inc.Big South Mining,Ridgetop,HNR mining and worked out of the steel workers union. Anyway in 2010 I found out i had 2nd stage black lung and retired in 2012. Im 56 and feel very blessed. Now all those years in the mines when things got tough i had saturday afternoons at fairfield to look for. When i first moved to ky from sistersville west virginia dad let me drive to a herd game and i was 15. I fell in love with the herd during their 20 year losing streak. I remember hammrick when he played. fuzzy fillez is from new martinsville where i have family and I worshipped that guy back then. My mom and dad met at meadow bridge but mom graduated from oak hill. I was only one of a few herd fans here in lawrence co ky until in 88 phil ratliff went to marshall and helped them to a national title in 92. I had worked with his dad at martiki and lockworth coal. I think our basketball program needs to be elevated to the level of our football program. Herd could make a splash on a national scene quicker with our bb player if DD can land some pro caliber players. I hate how herd fans cut each others throat. I have done it do but only after being talked to like a dog.

Interesting Life Sistersville. You Mom graduated from Collins High School (Oak Hill) What was her maiden name & year graduated. We palyed Meadow Bridge in all sports. Your dad's name. My private email is gwsweeney14@aol.com if you don't want to share their names. I graduated from Mt. Hope in 1965...Marshall in 1969...attended one year graduate school (School of Journalism) in 1970...got a letter from President Nixon in late May, 1970..."Greetings, You have been selected...to serve the US"......Joined the Army (June 1970), went to basic training at Ft Dix, NJ...AIT at Ft. Lee, Va.......spent one year in SE Asia and made it home alive. Finished my ARMY tour making presentations about the Modern Volunteer ARMY to high school & college students in almost every WV town for 1 1/2 years. Got out of the ARMY, June, 1973....started my business career.

Sadly, I was waiting to depart to SE Asia (Thailand & Vietnam) around the first of December, 1970. While watching college football (with my Pineville college girlfriend, cousin to DD & Mike, (later became my wife & Mother to our 3 children & grandmother to our 9 grandkids).....the news flashed across the TV screen.....PLANE CRASH at Huntington Airport. I lost three very special guys that night...(1) Roger Childers, my Kappa Alpha Order little fraternity brother, (2) Kevin Gilmore, one of the 6 unidentified buried in the Huntington cemetary and (3) Jeff Nathan, The Sports Editor of The Parthenon.

It took me until 2103 before I could go to the graveyard in Huntington to reach closeure & say goodbye. Had DD not given up his seat to Dr Haley's wife to ECU on that Thursday.....well, I don't even want to go there......

Yes, we live in a small World after all.

Merry Christnmas & Wishing you & family a Healthy 2017.

HerdZilla22 (Sweeney in Charlotte)

Thanks for your KIND wishes. Yes, the Village of Zionsville is really special. You need to visit relatives around Thanksgiving and take in the Saturday night Christmas Parade. I watch the Z Eagles play some football, basketball & baseball games yearly. Their baseball team lost the Indiana Big School baseball championship last Spring on a controversal call--losing by a run in the final inning. Indiana high school football is so so....Basketball is crazy good. I take in a few Butler basketball games when I visit and a player I coached in baseball @ Charlotte Christian is a red-shirt freshman football player @ Butler.

BTW DD is well aware of the Hoosier talent...but it's tough getting them to leave the state with most players dreaming of playing in front of the Home Folks with all the good college basketball schools in Indiana.

We have a stop off in Huntington, Monday for the night, taking in the HERD BB game. Uncle Lewis D'antoni turns 103 soon and Marshall is helping celebrate his Birthday before the Wesleyan game.

Wishing you & your family a warm & safe Marry Christmas and bright 2017.

HerdZilla22 (Sweeney) in Charlotte

Hey Zilla, thanks for the response and Christmas wishes.

Just read your post in response to Sistersville. I had to respond on a couple of points. By the dates cited, I beat you to MU, and to graduation, by a couple of years. One character I knew pretty well in old South Hall, now Holderby, was a guy from Mt. Hope by the name of Willie Barbera. Wonder if you knew him? Man we use to tell some stories about High School football in the coalfields and Willie could really talk about those MH Mustangs!!!

Oh, yeah, Zilla, another fact: I made it back from Nam the month BEFORE you deployed back in 70. Glad we both made it back!!! A lot of good ones didn't, so sad to say, especially at this Holiday season. Anyway, again enjoy your Holiday travels, including the special event at the Henderson for Coach D'Antoni, Sr.!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT