ADVERTISEMENT

The reality of gun control

Let me ask you this. Do you think some of those in power would take all guns if they could?
I'm not aware of any...but, hell, we had a group of those in power attempt to overturn a legal election - never thought that would happen. It failed.

There are whackjobs on both sides. I've not heard of any legislation proposing that because it would never fly.

I'm not aware of any...but, hell, we had a group of those in power attempt to overturn a legal election - never thought that would happen. It failed.

There are whackjobs on both sides. I've not heard of any legislation proposing that because it would never fly.
sure, why should i give up a modern sporting rifle? Is that what you would propose? Turn them in? Hand them over? What?

So how about some voter ID, background checks for those entering the country, and how about gix that southern border?

It's not. No one, except you, is recommending taking all guns.

Wow...

You said an "assault" weapons ban like '94. I asked if that includes 15 rd 22lr "assault" magazines like the original '94 ban included. You failed to answer.

You said an Australian type ban and "buyback"/confiscation is irrelevant because no one (I guess no one except me in your mind...) is talking about that. The US media has been referencing the Australian ban as a model the US should follow. A refer to a recent Democrat presidential candidate and the current VPOTUS that have both called for mandatory "assault" weapon buybacks.

You also said you believed the following:

all semi-automatic guns including shotguns

You failed to mention pistols and centerfire rifles with more that a 5 round magazine capacity, to which I correctly said a Marlin lever action with a 6 round tubular magazine is a banned "assault" weapon in Australia.

Next time answer my questions or back up your positions rather than misrepresent my positions.

Reactions: 19MU88
They would roll over for the govt. they worship the govt and then one day they will be at their mercy
Perhaps, we'd just like to have our kids go to school and come home alive. An exhausting list of mass shootings exists where this gun has been a participant.

What's the difference between this weapon and fully automatic ones that have been banned? Did our country end when we banned those and grenade launchers?

Wow...

You said an "assault" weapons ban like '94. I asked if that includes 15 rd 22lr "assault" magazines like the original '94 ban included. You failed to answer.
Really tough to answer a question that involves a law not even proposed let alone enacted
You said an Australian type ban and "buyback"/confiscation is irrelevant because no one (I guess no one except me in your mind...) is talking about that. The US media has been referencing the Australian ban as a model the US should follow.
A "model"? I've not heard a single person propose that extreme of a law here. Friggin' hand-wringers.
A refer to a recent Democrat presidential candidate and the current VPOTUS that have both called for mandatory "assault" weapon buybacks.
I don't agree....plus she's a dumbass.
Next time answer my questions
No one here is obligated to answer your questions.

sure, why should i give up a modern sporting rifle? Is that what you would propose? Turn them in? Hand them over? What?
Gotta love the rebranding here..."modern sporting rifle".

Me? I would have a voluntary repurchase program. I wouldn't go after these things. That would be a total and complete debacle. But I would take them off the market for sale/resale. And no more legally parading around with these weapons.

Gotta love the rebranding here..."modern sporting rifle".

Me? I would have a voluntary repurchase program. I wouldn't go after these things. That would be a total and complete debacle. But I would take them off the market for sale/resale. And no more legally parading around with these weapons.
Ahhh yes. The "they look scary" reasoning.

Really tough to answer a question that involves a law not even proposed let alone enacted

Your refer to reenacting the 1994 AWB that was a law and now you follow up with this? You said it. In fact you seemed to propose it...

A "model"? I've not heard a single person propose that extreme of a law here. Friggin' hand-wringers.

Beto O'Rourke for one. It often pops up in the media from time to time. This from 2018:

Here is something current...

Hand-wringers??? You're the one wringing his hands saying we need to do something in a knee-jerk manner...

I don't agree....plus she's a dumbass.

Ummm, you do realize I was speaking about TWO separate individuals??? See above.

No one here is obligated to answer your questions.

Good excuse...

You conveniently omitted the second part of my post. You didn't answer my question. Instead you totally misrepresented my position on this entire topic...

No one, except you, is recommending taking all guns.

Beto O'Rourke for one. It often pops up in the media from time to time. This from 2018:
Give us a heads up if this guy ever gets elected to political office again. I'm using Herdman's qualifier "those in power"

Ummm, you do realize I was speaking about TWO separate individuals??? See above.
Saw her name and didn't need to read further - she's a dumbass.
You conveniently omitted the second part of my post. You didn't answer my question. Instead you totally misrepresented my position on this entire topic...
The first part sounded a bit demanding...

Again, I'm not aware of anyone "in power" recommending complete disarmament.

Biden just said no one should have a 9mm. What assault rifle uses a 9mm round?
i have a friend that has one of these scary looking critters in a 9mm. pretty fun pistol to shoot.

Inter-Ordnance-AR15-Pistols-2.jpg

So libs, Chevy, Ignored Member, etc. what guns would allow the masters to let us have? Flintlock rifles? Muskets? What exactly?

Ahhh yes. The "they look scary" reasoning.
You probably live in area where the folks are reasonable and handle guns responsibly - congrats.

I've had Michigan militiamen enter my local 7-11 with loaded AR-15s. Apparently, they felt a bit threatened to buy their orange Gatorade in suburbia without being locked and loaded. Outside of any gun safety training I've encountered.

Last edited:
So libs, Chevy, Ignored Member, etc. what guns would allow the masters to let us have? Flintlock rifles? Muskets? What exactly?
Personally, folks like you having those weapons don't bother me. It's just too many whack jobs get their hands on them and conduct mass murder. Perhaps responsible guys like you should offer some sort of parameters for ownership of these weapons. Perhaps a license like a driver's license, background checks or age restrictions to purchase.

Personally, folks like you having those weapons don't bother me. It's just too many whack jobs get their hands on them and conduct mass murder. Perhaps responsible guys like you should offer some sort of parameters for ownership of these weapons. Perhaps a license like a driver's license, background checks or age restrictions to purchase.
Those are already in place in some fashion. Sounds like the Mush is after 9mm.

I've had Michigan militiamen enter my local 7-11 with loaded AR-15s. Apparently, they felt a bit threatened to buy their orange Gatorade in suburbia without being locked and loaded. Outside of any gun safety training I've encountered.
NC has open carry laws. I've seen many a person carrying a sidearm in various public areas.

What "gun safety training" have you encountered?

You probably live in area where the folks are reasonable and handle guns responsibly - congrats.

I’m sorry you got scared by people not breaking any laws

I think the guy who needs to bring his AR-15 into a convenience store to buy his candy bar has bigger fear issues than me.
Carrying an AR15 into the 7-11 is not really my thing. If I see people do that it is mostly a pistol.

Again, I'm not aware of anyone "in power" recommending complete disarmament.

Well yeah, Bill Clinton ran on the promise of a middle-class tax cut and a couple weeks after his inauguration he addressed Congress and the nation and said it wasn't going to happen. Politicians lie - daily... I don't trust many of them. Glad you can. I'm just trying to be ever vigilant.

The first part sounded a bit demanding...

And it was but it also seemed like you misquoted me.

Reactions: 19MU88
I think the guy who needs to bring his AR-15 into a convenience store to buy his candy bar has bigger fear issues than me.

I try to represent the group I'm with well. When I'm at a MU game I try to represent MU well. If I am debating gun rights or teaching someone to safely use a firearm, I try to be responsible and represent gun-owners well.

I've seen grown men wearing MU shirts get in opposing fans face and yell "'we' kicked your a$$". That guy is an a$$ and doesn't represent MU well nor is he indicative of the MU mindset.

Likewise the guy open carrying an AR-15 doesn't represent most gun owners well nor is he indicative of those gun owners' mindset.

I wish both types would act more mature and responsible.

I try to represent the group I'm with well. When I'm at a MU game I try to represent MU well. If I am debating gun rights or teaching someone to safely use a firearm, I try to be responsible and represent gun-owners well.

I've seen grown men wearing MU shirts get in opposing fans face and yell "'we' kicked your a$$". That guy is an a$$ and doesn't represent MU well nor is he indicative of the MU mindset.

Likewise the guy open carrying an AR-15 doesn't represent most gun owners well nor is he indicative of those gun owners' mindset.

I wish both types would act more mature and responsible.
Exactly 💯

Reactions: KyMUfan
Carrying an AR15 into the 7-11 is not really my thing. If I see people do that it is mostly a pistol.
I don't know anyone who get their kicks like that. Holstered side arms are no big thing - I have friends that carry.

I was just struck about the rifle inside a 7-11. Seemed stupid

Reactions: i am herdman
I don't know anyone who get their kicks like that. Holstered side arms are no big thing - I have friends that carry.

I was just struck about the rifle inside a 7-11. Seemed stupid
NC has a law, Going Armed to the Terror of the Public, meaning is what you are doing terrorizing or making the public fearfeful. Walking into a 7-11 with an AR15 or machette or chain saw and starting it.

i have a friend that has one of these scary looking critters in a 9mm. pretty fun pistol to shoot.

Inter-Ordnance-AR15-Pistols-2.jpg
I have a friend who had an AK47 with a sawed off barrel and drum magazine. It was the most ridiculously impractical (and illegal) thing I’ve ever fired but a lot of fun. The shotgun revolver was a close second.

Luckily, given his interest in weapons, he’s one of the good guys. Works at White Sands making things blow up more and bigger every day.

I just visited White Sands recently. I would LOVE to wander around there and see all the "toys" they are working on!!!
I used to be privy to just a little of it (classified enough they didn’t let foreign nationals know about it, not classified enough they didn’t let drunk college kids run the security to keep the foreign nationals out) and there is indeed a lot of fun stuff, but good god do the very smart people developing it not at all understand how to create a presentation that won’t put you to sleep.

I used to be privy to just a little of it (classified enough they didn’t let foreign nationals know about it, not classified enough they didn’t let drunk college kids run the security to keep the foreign nationals out) and there is indeed a lot of fun stuff, but good god do the very smart people developing it not at all understand how to create a presentation that won’t put you to sleep.
I recently got called to faciliate a meeting about some stuff in regard to something very similiar. Dear Lord, the braniancs got on there and it was like wow, this could cure insomnia. Interesting stuff, but when it got down to the nuts and bolts of it it was boring as hell.

Interesting stats from 2020...51,415 gun deaths in United States. Of these:
  • 21,600 suicide related
  • 19,411 inner urban city gang related
  • 2,315 accidental/unintentional
  • 478 self defense
  • 611 mass shooting, i.e. 3 or more deaths resulting from one event
  • AR15 used in 413 of the total
43 deaths from school shootings last 5 years with 27 of those resulting from use of AR15.

Interesting stats from 2020...51,415 gun deaths in United States. Of these:
  • 21,600 suicide related
  • 19,411 inner urban city gang related
  • 2,315 accidental/unintentional
  • 478 self defense
  • 611 mass shooting, i.e. 3 or more deaths resulting from one event
  • AR15 used in 413 of the total
43 deaths from school shootings last 5 years with 27 of those resulting from use of AR15.
The ar15 is scary looking though.

Oh and make politicians nervous

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT