ADVERTISEMENT

Any IT gurus on here. Surface Pro

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
My damn surface pro did an update. Well, now it is apparantly caught in a boot loop. My research shows this a known problem with them. you hit the power button and you get the Microsoft logo for a second and it goes away. Apparantly, the only chance at a fix is to repeatedly hit the power button someway, get lucky, and it drains the internal voltage. The thing is sealed and no way to drain the power. It needs the power drained so it can boot up again.

All over a damn forced update. If not, paper weight. I like the damn thing but , this pisses me off. You can't remove the battery to do it with tearing it all up. I don't have time to sit here and mash the power button for a week and hope to get lucky.

Does anybody know of any other fixes? If not, I guess I will go drop a grand on something else to be a piece of shit.

Your laptop will always have a small amount of internal power that is by design used to keep apps/software viable. You can run the power down to the point where your screen goes blank by running high power usage apps like music, video clips, movies, and photographs.

Doesn't work that way exactly. It still holds power internally. It would take months for it to drain out completely.
Are you able to boot into safe mode? I am not sure how far into the boot cycle it is getting to before it sharts.

Your laptop will always have a small amount of internal power that is by design used to keep apps/software viable. You can run the power down to the point where your screen goes blank by running high power usage apps like music, video clips, movies, and photographs.
Did Herdplusfan hack into your account?

can't get that far, can't plug anything in to drain power. It just gets black screen, and shuts down.

Known problem with Surface Pro

You say you can’t get to the battery. Even in my rural area there are numerous computer repair shops. Have one in your area pop the case and remove the battery.

You say you can’t get to the battery. Even in my rural area there are numerous computer repair shops. Have one in your area pop the case and remove the battery.
Not that easy on a surface pro. not meant to be removed. I have already taken it to a shop. non removable battery.

When I reach your point, I usually bang something expensive on the desk or throw it against the wall.

Sounds like the wrong Bios were flashed into it on the update. Is anyone else having this issue?

Or... when it tried to flash the Bios the system went off and didn't complete the flash (which is unlikely, but not impossible with a little bad luck).

Reactions: herdfan06
^^^^

lol... nuttiest thing I have ever seen. I'm not sure why he didn't wire to his house circuit breaker box and drain it that way...

I kid - I kid

Was wondering why the CD tray kept opening and closing.

If it’s works “accidentally run over it” and get a new one
Not work device. I did run over a work laptop one time with my car. Ran over it in the backpack. Took that damn thing to a local repair guy and he fixed. Put a new screen and housing on it. New CD Rom drive and fixed the USB ports.

Damn thing still worked. Fixed in 24 hours.

Luckily it was the damn go kart they made me drive for a bit. Ran right over the damn computer bag in my drive way. $185 later Bob fixed.

i told IT later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT