ADVERTISEMENT

Tax Deadline Day

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Don't forget! Send your money for endless wars with no direction, funding both sides, Ukraine slush fund, illegals, and lazy bums and leeches in this country along with retirement plans for useless politicians.

Reactions: johns1124
I sent them a ton of money and filed an extension.
This tax code is so insane...between my wife's 1040 hobby job, K-1 income, real estate stuff, W-2, 529s, 401Ks, HSA's, cash balance defined benefit plans....so complex and such a pain in the rear.

Reactions: i am herdman
This tax code is so insane...between my wife's 1040 hobby job, K-1 income, real estate stuff, W-2, 529s, 401Ks, HSA's, cash balance defined benefit plans....so complex and such a pain in the rear.
Mine were extremely difficult this year, and almost had to resort to Facebook messaging my accountant, wv-fan, but managed to get through them. Successfully almost broke even, sent them in, and put a posted note on my federal return, just to say, let's go Brandon.

• Haha
Reactions: 30CAT
All of those are easy to handle . . . except for K-1. Absolute b!tch, and I still don't understand it.

Don't forget! Send your money for endless wars with no direction, funding both sides, Ukraine slush fund, illegals, and lazy bums and leeches in this country along with retirement plans for useless politicians.
It's crazy, isn't it? We should all just be sending our money to the government so they can stay at a hotel that the president makes money from all while using his position to get his daughter favors for her closed shoe/fragrance lines.

Successfully almost broke even,
Sounds like you need to find a mob accountant. Thanks, in large part due to mortgage interest and property taxes on multiple properties, Uncle Sam sent me back nearly $20k.

Sounds like you need to find a mob accountant. Thanks, in large part due to mortgage interest and property taxes on multiple properties, Uncle Sam sent me back nearly $20k.
Might as well just not do the paperwork, and have me mail you an annual check for my capital gains. Bullshit if you were to ask me.

Why would a liberal take money back from the government?

All of those are easy to handle . . . except for K-1. Absolute b!tch, and I still don't understand it.

It's crazy, isn't it? We should all just be sending our money to the government so they can stay at a hotel that the president makes money from all while using his position to get his daughter favors for her closed shoe/fragrance lines.
But, Trump!

Why would a liberal take money back from the government?
Because I'll send it right back to the shithole state you're from since you all are leeches that rob from the blue/better states.

I’ve been using Turbo Tax for about 10 years. If you have all your stuff in front of you when you start it should take you an hour and a half, max.

Doc, they walk you through everything you mentioned and more. They remember everything from year to year, so it builds out a lot of stuff to get faster/easier each year. I even link my bank/investment accounts so it automatically pulls in trades, dividends, interest, etc. I just review, it’s all filled in automatically.

Couple hundred bucks for fed and state with audit protection/representation.

I’ve been using Turbo Tax for about 10 years. If you have all your stuff in front of you when you start it should take you an hour and a half, max.

Doc, they walk you through everything you mentioned and more. They remember everything from year to year, so it builds out a lot of stuff to get faster/easier each year. I even link my bank/investment accounts so it automatically pulls in trades, dividends, interest, etc. I just review, it’s all filled in automatically.

This exactly. Outside of my K1s prepared by my businesses accountant for myself and partners, I plug everything else in myself for my personal filing. It’s really quite simple.

K-1s have not been ready on TurboTax nor H&R Block's system during the first week of filing this year nor last year.

True, the K-1s are the biggest issue but my wife’s inability to be organized to take her deductions /expenses drives me nuts and it’s a cluster too. The K-1s are never ready by April and depending upon real estate syndications some have multi state returns .

It’s worth it to me to pay an accountant to estimate and file my extension . He’s usually within about 5K of what I owe every year.

It still seems overly complicated though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT