ADVERTISEMENT

This is not a team

Herd-in-ATL

Bronze Buffalo
Dec 15, 2009
This is a collection of talented individuals, going through the motions. There is little to no cohesiveness. I guess all of the leadership has left the program in one fashion or another. I'm not talking about dropped passes or even missed tackles or blocks. I talking about something much more telling, Penalty after penalty, selfish "look at me acts", excessive celebration and posing after making a routine play. He might be a great kid, but Keion Davis (damn near cost his team a win) are there any leaders on this team that would insist that Keion walk around campus with his helmet on for a few days? Or maybe he keeps it off for the game against Charlotte, as Tony Pittman and Anthony Anderson just took your spot.

BTW This has nothing to do with who is on the schedule, or X's and O's, this is more about the lack of effort, intelligence, chemistry and leadership (which you could usually count on in past years).

It's been a long time since I've seen a Marshall team quite on its fans and itself.

Agreed, sadly, but agree.

Too much dancing on the sidelines, a dozen different hand claps, look at me thinking.

This ( looking like we aren't giving 100%) could go on for a long time.

Correcting this isn't going to be easy or painless.

Circus act much like when Pruett and Snyder were at the end of their rope. It's time for Hamrick to chap Docs ass and tell him to step aside if he doesn't get it together

This is a collection of talented individuals, going through the motions. There is little to no cohesiveness. I guess all of the leadership has left the program in one fashion or another. I'm not talking about dropped passes or even missed tackles or blocks. I talking about something much more telling, Penalty after penalty, selfish "look at me acts", excessive celebration and posing after making a routine play. He might be a great kid, but Keion Davis (damn near cost his team a win) are there any leaders on this team that would insist that Keion walk around campus with his helmet on for a few days? Or maybe he keeps it off for the game against Charlotte, as Tony Pittman and Anthony Anderson just took your spot.

BTW This has nothing to do with who is on the schedule, or X's and O's, this is more about the lack of effort, intelligence, chemistry and leadership (which you could usually count on in past years).

It's been a long time since I've seen a Marshall team quite on its fans and itself.
Doc has recruited talent over character, and its very much showing up on the field. I know Doc likes to take care of the Florida kids and their coaches but he must start recruiting some kids that don't need social work help. Correct, this could take a couple of years to fix.

Reactions: Marine03
I can't imagine what this board would look like if the result last night had been a loss.

I really don't make it a point to be negative, also taking into account that these kids. For the first time in years I listened to a Marshall game on the radio, because it was not available on TV here in Atlanta. And I just kept waiting for the other shoe to drop, that we were not in control of the outcome. That it would take a miscue of FAU's part of us to win.

I really don't make it a point to be negative, also taking into account that these kids. For the first time in years I listened to a Marshall game on the radio, because it was not available on TV here in Atlanta. And I just kept waiting for the other shoe to drop, that we were not in control of the outcome. That it would take a miscue of FAU's part of us to win.
What miscue are you talking about? The defense held FAU scoreless the entire second half. I find that more of a reason for our victory than one miscue by FAU.

Reactions: ohio herd

Yep. 4 penalties for 40 yards.

It's been a long time since I've seen so many entitled fans with bad attitudes quit on a group of young men because they didn't mirror exactly what we thought they should be. Our fans upset me more than our team.

It's been a long time since I've seen so many entitled fans with bad attitudes quit on a group of young men because they didn't mirror exactly what we thought they should be. Our fans upset me more than our team.

Well said Redsfan

Reactions: SrHerdFan

So you're ok with idiotic penalties such as taking your helmet off? Camera staring, dances, handshakes, etc after getting beat by UNT and taking FAU to the wire

I'm not talking about just one game, I'm talking about 6 games, that's showing a disturbing trend of lack of attitude, leadership and disciplined play. BTW we lead CUSA in penalty yardage, at an average of 87 yards per game (and no one else is even close).. You might be okay with that, I think it's something that needs to be addressed and fixed..

I would love to have played for some of you guys. Mediocrity is a winner.
We are not good. I even question if these kids are as talented as the media says.
If anyone is satisfied with last nights win, I want to work for you. Go through the motions and get a raise. Lol!
I made a point of watching Litton before the game, during, on the sidelines, etc.
He is so damn wrapped up in his own world, it's not funny. Doc needs to sit him down and have a come to Jesus meeting.

What miscue are you talking about? The defense held FAU scoreless the entire second half. I find that more of a reason for our victory than one miscue by FAU.

From toast of the conference to celebrating holding a team as rachet as FAU scoreless in a half. Oh, and we did everything we could to help them score. They were just that bad.

Reactions: Marine03

part of the issue is Doc told the fan base we were not rebuilding but reloading and the future was bright

I'm not talking about just one game, I'm talking about 6 games, that's showing a disturbing trend of lack of attitude, leadership and disciplined play. BTW we lead CUSA in penalty yardage, at an average of 87 yards per game (and no one else is even close).. You might be okay with that, I think it's something that needs to be addressed and fixed..
yes, this is a telling sign of this team.

This thread is hilarious, just a bunch of old men complaining about this new generation while living their dreams vicariously through 17-23 years olds. Then complaining when they act like any other 17-23 year old college athlete.

Lived in WV for 8 years, came back to NY, had my own apartment for 3 years, decided to move back home to save money then got married, moved to California, and had my own place since January.

Anything else you want to know about me?? I still don't live my college football fantasy vicariously through 17-23 year old college students. I just enjoy the game and provide my take and move on. No complain about trivial shit 3 days later.

4 penalties for 40 yards. I will take that any day. as will most college football fans in America. Yeah, that was a dumb penalty and the kid knows it was. As for the dancing and other stuff (that never cost us a yard) thats the way the game is today, watch any game from high school up to the NFL thats how players act.

I agree with you, I think it is something that needs to be addressed. But thats like telling your child they need to clean up their room and then as they start to pick up clothes out of the floor you scream at them and say "I said pick up your room!"

There was a marked improvement in penalties/yards this week, so to come out and complain about it, seems a little off to me. Complain about complacency sure, complain about poor tackling or lack of motivation if you want. But to complain we have to stop the dumb penalties after a game where we had 4 seems pretty dumb to me.

d
part of the issue is Doc told the fan base we were not rebuilding but reloading and the future was bright

Thats what every coach in America is going to say. What's he going to say "well, the future was bright but we had some kids go out and do some stupid stuff and I had to kick them off the team, now we are going to suck this year. Sorry guys!" yeah.. that would have gotten people to the stadium.

4 penalties for 40 yards. I will take that any day. as will most college football fans in America. Yeah, that was a dumb penalty and the kid knows it was. As for the dancing and other stuff (that never cost us a yard) thats the way the game is today, watch any game from high school up to the NFL thats how players act.
honestly no one cares how they act when you win! The problem is this program went from being one of the best non P5 teams in the country to the bottom half in one season. Something is not right with the program right now and that is the issue. Word on the street is lots of social issues on the team and lots of kids just not cutting it at this level(not from an athletic standpoint but academically and socially). This is a recruiting issue!

d

Thats what every coach in America is going to say. What's he going to say "well, the future was bright but we had some kids go out and do some stupid stuff and I had to kick them off the team, now we are going to suck this year. Sorry guys!" yeah.. that would have gotten people to the stadium.
I think this caught Doc off guard. I think he tought the team would be better as well

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT