ADVERTISEMENT

over under texas asking for federal help and federal money

Extra, is so politically delusional. To think these votes are done for disdain of victims of sandy is ludicrous. There is no us and them in these situations just us.

That might be YOUR point of view, but not that of republican congress people regarding the sandy relief. And to make a point regarding long term recovery, the subways in New York are still being repaired from damage due to hurricane sandy.

If reminding you of republican disdain for victims of hurricane sandy is acting like a moron, then so be it.
I don't think republicans had a disdain for flood victims. get real. it was a politcal bill and voted with port attached to it. the politicians on both sides worked it out.

Jesus are you that dense

Lots of people had friends with flooded homes due to hurricane sandy. It took about 3 months to pass the major part of the bill, as some of the republicans wanted to cut other federal funding to pay for relief assistance.
sandy was the most expensive storm ever. do you think money and a bill like that are passed in 48 hours or something?

Good lord. Man it was politics.

That'd be swell for texas, but you would have a difficult time passing a spending bill to help the northeast with long term recovery as long as republicans are in office.
You are an idiot. Sandy was the most talked about storm ever.

That might be YOUR point of view, but not that of republican congress people regarding the sandy relief. And to make a point regarding long term recovery, the subways in New York are still being repaired from damage due to hurricane sandy.
no shit, that is a major undertaking dingle berry

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
I have friends with flooded homes, and these idiots want to talk political trash.

I don't think its political trash, I think its political reality.

if you have friends in texas with flooded homes, then
the time to make the point is now - when it hurts,
because as soon as these texas ass holes (and i'm
talking about the cons not dems) get MY MONEY they will be right
back to talking crap about self reliance, the govt
should get out of the way, let the private sector
handle it and all the other b.s. we hear constantly -
until it affects them - then they always have their
hands out for MY MONEY ( how many times have
we heard that one).

sometimes the only way to get the point across
to people is to hit them with a metaphorical 2X4
in this case holding up money the way they always
do for others - after all "we have a deficit and
cannot afford disaster relief" and "these people
should not have built their homes I flood zones"
"and let the private sector handle it" and "I don't
depend on anyone especially the govt".

screw 'em - let them have a dose of their own
medicine. my only regret is that the bush crowd
is not up to their asses in water and snakes.

but no they are high and dry - I saw George P.
bushe (p for pustule) on tv this a.m. already
running for prez.

screw em all.

I don't think its political trash, I think its political reality.

if you have friends in texas with flooded homes, then
the time to make the point is now - when it hurts,
because as soon as these texas ass holes (and i'm
talking about the cons not dems) get MY MONEY they will be right
back to talking crap about self reliance, the govt
should get out of the way, let the private sector
handle it and all the other b.s. we hear constantly -
until it affects them - then they always have their
hands out for MY MONEY ( how many times have
we heard that one).

sometimes the only way to get the point across
to people is to hit them with a metaphorical 2X4
in this case holding up money the way they always
do for others - after all "we have a deficit and
cannot afford disaster relief" and "these people
should not have built their homes I flood zones".

screw 'em - let them have a dose of their own
medicine. my only regret is that the bush crowd
is not up to their asses in water and snakes.

but no they are high and dry - I saw George P.
bushe (p for pustule) on tv this a.m. already
running for prez.

screw em all.
you and greed need some serious help

wow, the biggest disaster bill ever took 90 days. Geeeeeeee.

So, you think it should have passed with just a bunch of shit attached to it on day one.

Wow, a whole 90 days

Within four days of Katrina’s landfall on Monday, Aug. 29, 2005, then-President George W. Bush signed a $10.4 billion aid package and ordered 7,200 National Guard troops to the region. A few days later, he requested — and Congress approved (within 24 hours) — an additional $51.8 billion in aid and was signed by Bush 10 days later. So from landfall to passage of entire katrina relief? 2 WEEKS

That'd be swell for texas, but you would have a difficult time passing a spending bill to help the northeast with long term recovery as long as republicans are in office.

boy extra...just when I thought you had peaked when it comes to making an ass of yourself....you top it.

You in texas helping with disaster relief? That's what I thought.
Seriously, if something I post on this board hinders the relief efforts, then let us know exactly how. In the meantime, you stop trying to be mr. righteous.

I bet I am doing more to help this situation than you ever did to give a black kid a job.

There's nothing self righteous about it. It's about being a decent human being and not a raging asshole.

Reactions: 19MU88
I bet I am doing more to help this situation than you ever did to give a black kid a job.

There's nothing self righteous about it. It's about being a decent human being and not a raging asshole.

You're doing nothing to help the situation in texas. nothing.

Is certainly IS about being a decent human being, which is why I'm reminding the patriotic far right that the guys they support in congress were NOT decent human beings when it came to relief for hurricane sandy. On the other hand, they had no problem with relief for katrina, and they won't have a problem for texas relief, both being in the south.

Extra and dherd, I understand the political arguments you guys are making, but this isn't really the appropriate time to make em. If we use the same tactics and lines on Republicans, that they use on us, then that means we're just as bad as them. We have to send Texans all the help we can, no matter their political ideology.

Within four days of Katrina’s landfall on Monday, Aug. 29, 2005, then-President George W. Bush signed a $10.4 billion aid package and ordered 7,200 National Guard troops to the region. A few days later, he requested — and Congress approved (within 24 hours) — an additional $51.8 billion in aid and was signed by Bush 10 days later. So from landfall to passage of entire katrina relief? 2 WEEKS
No time to sit here and argue politics, two different situations
There were 1800 people dead and more were going to die and New Orleans became a third world country. Unfortunately, on both sides, during Sandy they started playing some politics.

Extra and dherd, I understand the political arguments you guys are making, but this isn't really the appropriate time to make em. If we use the same tactics and lines on Republicans, that they use on us, then that means we're just as bad as them. We have to send Texans all the help we can, no matter their political ideology.

WELL, SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO THROW THEIR RHETORIC BACK AT THEM. NOT THAT
IT WILL PENETRATE THEIR SELF RIGHTEOUS POSTURING. ALSO, YOU SHOULD
REALIZE THAT WITH THIS BUNCH OF REPUBLICAN/CONSERVATIVES EVERYTHING
IS ABOUT POLITICS AND POWER - AND I DO MEAN EVERYTHING. THEY CORRUPT
EVERYTHING THEY TOUCH.

I THINK YOU SHOULD TALK TO REPUBLICANS ABOUT HELPING.

FROM TODAYS WASHINGTON POST:
The White House had proposed an 11 percent cut to FEMA’s budget as a way to free up more money for the military.

Directing emergency funds to areas hit by natural disasters had traditionally been quick bipartisan exercises, but that changed after Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
(MY COMMENT - DEM. GOV. DEM MAYOR DEM CITY)

That evolution has tracked alongside growing attention to federal spending and budget deficits by conservative Republicans, who have increasingly demanded that emergency aid spending be offset by cuts elsewhere in the budget.

That push had its genesis in “Operation Offset” — a 2005 proposal from the Republican Study Committee, a group of House conservatives, to identify spending cuts that would compensate for the approximately $200 billion expected for Hurricane Katrina relief — including cutting farm subsidies, Amtrak funding and postponing the Medicare prescription-drug bill Republicans had approved two years earlier.

The RSC’s chairman at the time was Indiana Rep. Mike Pence, who is now the vice president. “We simply can’t allow a catastrophe of nature to become a catastrophe of debt for our children and grandchildren,” Pence said at the time.

I AM BETTING PENCE WILL NOT MIND "A CATASTROPHE OF DEBT" SINCE HE HAS THE PURSE STRINGS
AND THE AFFECTED AREA IS A REPUBLICAN STATE - ANYONE WANT TO BET SOME MONEY ON THAT?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/cost-of-cleaning-up-harvey-will-bring-new-test-of-governance-for-trump-and-gop/2017/08/27/9ce55456-8b95-11e7-84c0-02cc069f2c37_story.html?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_harvey-politics-600am:homepage/story&utm_term=.abc127d7c31a

Last edited:
ALSO, YOU SHOULD
REALIZE THAT WITH THIS BUNCH OF REPUBLICAN/CONSERVATIVES EVERYTHING
IS ABOUT POLITICS AND POWER - AND I DO MEAN EVERYTHING. THEY CORRUPT
EVERYTHING THEY TOUCH.
ironic post is ironic.

Send Texas and others all they need, and then some.
But I will certainly roast me some Republicans at this time.

No time to sit here and argue politics, two different situations
There were 1800 people dead and more were going to die and New Orleans became a third world country. Unfortunately, on both sides, during Sandy they started playing some politics.

The number of dead is irrelevant to this conversation. 2 weeks versus 3 months is relevant. And Republicans voting against Sandy relief appropriations from beginning to end is the main point.

The number of dead is irrelevant to this conversation. 2 weeks versus 3 months is relevant. And Republicans voting against Sandy relief appropriations from beginning to end is the main point.
I am sure there was no blame on the other side.

Man you sure are being an ass. Yes, it did make a difference. 1800 people had died and more were going to and it had turned into lawlessness. The damn 82nd Airborne had to go in to restore order in NOLA. Sandy was not the same situation.

Now back to the point. There is a catastrophe going on in Texas and it is our fellow man and countrymen. You are being an asshole.

Man you sure are being an ass. Yes, it did make a difference. 1800 people had died and more were going to and it had turned into lawlessness. The damn 82nd Airborne had to go in to restore order in NOLA. Sandy was not the same situation.

Now back to the point. There is a catastrophe going on in Texas and it is our fellow man and countrymen. You are being an asshole.

He isn't being an asshole, he is an asshole.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU

No relevant difference between Sandy and Katrina. Both were catastrophic hurricanes.
The difference is that Republicans voted AGAINST relief to Sandy while overwhelmingly voting FOR it regarding Katrina.

No relevant difference between Sandy and Katrina. Both were catastrophic hurricanes.
The difference is that Republicans voted AGAINST relief to Sandy while overwhelmingly voting FOR it regarding Katrina.
Katrina_Sandy_Side_By_Side.png

Click on the picture above greed. Katrian was twice as costly as Sandy. Plus 1800 dead and would have been more. Sandy was bad because of the population center of NJ and NY. Katrina was a far worse storm.

No, they were NOT different in any RELEVANT way to this discussion. Repubs voted for Katrina aid OVERWHELMINGLY. They voted against aid for the northeast storm of Sandy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT